• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Having issues with new to me 2014 viper. Doesnt have much power.

Now I have to beat Winders!
I’d just like to see what a stock winder can do against a 108 mph viper. I’d be happy to buy lunch.
We can do that. But you know you Winder guys cheated the minute you bought your sled. That fan hanging off the right side! The stock ones I have raced so far it's been me by 2-3 lengths up to 80 and then the winders or 9000's go right by. Tuned Winders it's all over for me within 100ft. Not even close. Makes me wonder often why I bother with modding mine but there is just something to getting every last bit out of a NA motor with bolt ons.

It’s all good Steve I’m just returning the jabs you started lol. All honest fun on both ends as long as everyone understands where the other is coming from.
I know. Not going to hurt my feelings talking sleds or racing. Never ran a race win or lose that I didn't learn something. So are you saying your scared now?:rocks:

Last year in March, last ride of the season, I hit 94 mph on my Viper on the main trail heading out of Kingston Plains toward Grand Marais. It was about 50 degrees F with an inch of slush on the surface.

My sled has a modded air box, slp muffler, pcv with ign module, programmed with a 9800 rpm hard stop, stock clutch settings except for an overdrive sheave and the tip rivot removed to allow for more rpm. Its shifts out at 9300 rpm.

On bare ice, I'm sure it will do over a 100 mph easy.

My '14 7000 Crosstour completely stock except for gearing is hitting 96mph.

Last year in March, last ride of the season, I hit 94 mph on my Viper on the main trail heading out of Kingston Plains toward Grand Marais. It was about 50 degrees F with an inch of slush on the surface.

My sled has a modded air box, slp muffler, pcv with ign module, programmed with a 9800 rpm hard stop, stock clutch settings except for an overdrive sheave and the tip rivot removed to allow for more rpm. Its shifts out at 9300 rpm.

On bare ice, I'm sure it will do over a 100 mph easy.

ya, 100 easy. I was in 6" of fresh snow today trying out the new Yamaha flash, pulling 87-88mph on long straights, it will get 98-102 @ 8900rpm (103mph best) on hard pack trails with a Can + Airbox mod + Big Thunder clutching + LTX gears (98mph is 1:1 clutch ratio, stock xtx gears were 105mph 1:1 clutch)

Back