• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hayabusa

TurboTime

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yanaha Nytro
Im hearing rumors that someone in Canada is building a Turbo Hayabusa motor for a snowmobile chassis t ocompete against OSP and Smith racing...

Any validity to this rumor? Curious..

Thanks,
KI

There is already 2 in the us.One runs asphalt and ice drag and the other one speed runs.

Yup running the tranny and going straight to the drive axle with gears. I haven't seen them in person but the pics I have seen of Queenans sled is bad a$$

Ya that could be fun, I've read of some sand cars and a smart car being Busa powered. Now I gotta look up the sleds.

I've seen on sand buggy with two RX-1 turbo powered engines in it.... that one blows the desert clean I guess. Busa motor in a sled, not very much light weight, but would be fast with the power they can make. Anyone knows the power output of those busas. MCXpress have been past 700 HP on dynoweek a few years back on the Hayabusa.

Pic:

Oct-RightSide.jpg

More pics:

http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... a%20Build/

Edited your post, as the link was faulty. Hope this works out :-9

I saw one on the chain o' lakes in IL. last year doing speed runs. He was having problems with the air shifter. Never saw a full run.

Eddie runs at NSSR speed runs. Last year his fast time was 183.4. this is in 1000 ft. If want pictures go to racenssr.com. Then go to racing, then dowb to Chitek potos, He is on photos 165-168 250-251 280-284 and 316-323 Dan

Yeah, I've visited MCX a few years ago and Erik invited me and my friend in for breakfast (fika rast) at 0930 approx. On the wall they have the poster of the bike they built (the one in the link), Erik told us the story behind the 700+ HP runs (2 runs average was at 705 something). This was done on pump gas premium and some serious boost.

Back