• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Higher seat???

higher seat

I'm gussing these two guys are blowing smoke up our rear. Its been over two weeks and there has been no pics of these higher seats or some kind of response. It sounds like the perfect mod so if somebody has done this please share some Pics.

Seat foam

I have been off line for a couple of weeks due to work. The seat mod that I had done this past summer has worked out great. I had an upholster cut 4 inches of the soft foam out and add in a firmer foam plus 4 inches. I also added 3.5 inch Rox risers. Night and day ride for me as far as comfort is concerned. Many have sat on on it or tried it out and agree. I did post some flicks back in August. I will take some more and post them so you can check it out. Also note that the stock seat cover had plenty of material and stretch in it to cover the additional 4 inches.

Whatever mod YOU do, you will eventually spring for an aftermarket seat any way cause: a) it just doesn't look right, b) doesn't hold it's firmness or height, and c) the cover still gets wrecked - BTDT.

Don't forget, you can always sell the stock seat for half of what a new one costs, instead of paying an upholsterer to modify the seat, and then find out it isn't working for you.

This is about the best thing going right here, I should know, I'm 6' - 6" tall: Mountain Mod from Murray. BTW: The Yamaha seat & cover soaks up water like a sponge too, and you will always have that to contend with.

Attachments

• Seat Side 2.jpg
    Seat Side 2.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 125
Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:38 am Post subject: Attak seat modification

Pictures are on a post dated above. I have 2000 plus miles of riding on it this year. The seat has held up extremely well. I ride standing a lot, and use my legs/boots to pinch the tunnel etc. I was worried I would wear through the seat material but so far so good. The foam has retained its firmness etc. I looked at the MT Mods and Boss. Both look nice and I understand you realize a weight savings but this worked out well for me. I wanted my seat to be more like the moto seats that I ride on. Flat or not so slanted towards the tank. I can move around well on it and transition to standing is much easier for me. Function over form for me.

loligager said:
Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:38 am Post subject: Attak seat modification

Pictures are on a post dated above. I have 2000 plus miles of riding on it this year. The seat has held up extremely well. I ride standing a lot, and use my legs/boots to pinch the tunnel etc. I was worried I would wear through the seat material but so far so good. The foam has retained its firmness etc. I looked at the MT Mods and Boss. Both look nice and I understand you realize a weight savings but this worked out well for me. I wanted my seat to be more like the moto seats that I ride on. Flat or not so slanted towards the tank. I can move around well on it and transition to standing is much easier for me. Function over form for me.

I'm glad it worked out for you. Stuffing the stock seat has it's advantages too. I like the Mt Mod - IMHO: It's worth every penny.

^^^^^ what he said!! I LOVE my MMOD seat. BUT, whatever works for YOU is the best mod. Too many times we get caught up in the fever of modding things. I have experimented with stock and aftermarket, and for my money, my Boss on the Viper and the MMOD on my Attak were money well spent. 4 seasons on the Viper made me realize I wasn't waiting with my Attak. The last 2 yrs.with the Boss were the MOST comfortable that sled ever was. Knew after switching to a Nytro seat that a stock seat wasn't going to cut it for me.

seat

brian
mt. mod seats are around $625 us dollars, they are very nice seats.
i will be getting my skid parts to you but i not before your sale ends, that's nice of you to offer that to us.

thanks rick

seat

i have had boss seats in the past, but for attak they don't do a stock
tail light like mt. mod does. i wish they would have, i would of bought one.

I can't believe it's $700 for a Mt Mod...It better be much better.. I'd like one but can't spring that doe for a seat.

Back