• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Highest Speeds on Sidewinder/Thundercat

With 24/50 gears you are nearly at peak speeds at 110mph (~115 peak).
Yeah that's the thing about this sled. It's so happy at 90 but going above 90 takes a lot of throttle travel.

The 24/50 runs out of gear at 118mph (on paper). Its quick but not fast. 21/38 for example are good for about 136mph (on paper). I run the 21/38 on my 300hp 2014 ZR9 and the 24/50's on my stock Tcat. Always note these MPH numbers are based on math not actual surface conditions. On smooth ice everything can shift out and actually exceed those numbers a small bit as an engine over revs a bit. On a rough snow surface you may not reach them at all. The number of studs, weight of the driver, driving into the wind, and how much HP you have all factor in.

21/41 splits the difference between the two.

The thing with the 998 is you can cruise at 90-100 with 1/3 throttle. To me thats amazing. I would like to get up to the 105-110 range at 1/3 throttle but uncertain of my gear on the tcat.

Yes, they really cruise well. With monster gears, I've done 128GPS at 1/2 throttle.

The 24/50 runs out of gear at 118mph (on paper). Its quick but not fast. 21/38 for example are good for about 136mph (on paper). I run the 21/38 on my 300hp 2014 ZR9 and the 24/50's on my stock Tcat. Always note these MPH numbers are based on math not actual surface conditions. On smooth ice everything can shift out and actually exceed those numbers a small bit as an engine over revs a bit. On a rough snow surface you may not reach them at all. The number of studs, weight of the driver, driving into the wind, and how much HP you have all factor in.

21/41 splits the difference between the two.
Problem is I'm stuck with my 24 gear as it's an aftermarket with the bushing.

So looking at a lower gear with a.new chain.

Problem is I'm stuck with my 24 gear as it's an aftermarket with the bushing.

So looking at a lower gear with a.new chain.
You can shorten your stock chain, but if it’s higher miles you may want to just get a new one. I ran 24-41 gearing for half a season, it was good.

The thing with the 998 is you can cruise at 90-100 with 1/3 throttle. To me thats amazing. I would like to get up to the 105-110 range at 1/3 throttle but uncertain of my gear on the tcat.
Yes it's amazing to cruise at those speeds. Prob 22/41 gears would do what you want to do. I run 21/41 and can cruise rail beds pretty comfy at 100 barely on the throttle... and it pulls good from 100 on when I get after it lol. My brother runs 22/41 in his..very little difference when we run em all out though

With 24/50 gears you are nearly at peak speeds at 110mph (~115 peak).
You can get more then 110 with 24/50, I got 121 with 22/48...I think depending on your clutch set-up 126-127 to 134'ish is attainable..(I'm talking speedo speed here)..so most likely less on GPS by a bit..(this on 2017-2023) I hit 137 speedo with my 2014 on avatar..(This machine up until recently smoked mine and all my friends 2017-2021's)..but it's 129" x 14" x 1" track makes it love hi speed..(geared 21/38) Multi-mapped. There's a lot in clutching/gearing set-ups..Now I'm running about 300hp in my 17 and geared 24/50..so I'll test how fast I get..(one of my friends got 132..(on the speedo)..

118.9mph with my zr9000, 2 years ago in 1000 foot radar run, 24/50 gearing @ 6900 feet of elavation, stk tune, my 2" custom built 2" free flo muffler.

Yes, my Tcat with stock 24/50 gearing hits 124MPH max on the speedo in most conditions. It's just a matter of how quick it gets there with the tune I select.

Stock 22 SRX with 1.125 studs, 2 per inside window. 4” Dually carbides, medium windshield and I’m 265 with gear. Long lake pulls I top out at 117 gps consistently.

Winter in my neck of the woods has been crazy thus far. Temps have been unseasonable warm, and although we had enough snow to ride in November, the rain took it all away the following week and we have been out of business since. I was able to try my (new to me) 2022 LTX SE during the November snow however, as luck would have it, the sled somehow got inflicted with some sort of mechanical gremlin over the summer and was not 100%. I tried a few remedies, but was unable to test due to the lack of snow.

Earlier this week we received a few inches, and although not ideal, I was able to pick and poke my way over the railbed nearby and run some tests. I made a few WOT whacks, checked all the parameters, Boost, AFRs, RPM, IATs etc, and everything seemed normal and working the way it should, so I turned around and decided to head back home.

As I made my way back, I was cruising about 75-80 mph and approached a decent stretch of about 3/4 of a mile. I fed the sled a full can of beans, tucked behind the windshield, and I let all the horses under the hood run free to their content.

When I got to the end of the stretch, I let off the throttle, and stood up to grab some wind and help slow the sled down. As soon as I stood up, I was immediately blown back down onto the seat into the sitting position. I thought to myself, "Hmmm....either I'm getting feeble, or I was really moving back there." Turns out it was both!!

I pulled over and pulled my GPS out of my pocket. It read 147mph! The GPS Apps on my phone read 2 mph higher, however I'm not sure which is more accurate. At any rate, I think the gremlins have been neutralized, as the sled now runs absolutely 100%. I've attached the pic for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• PXL_20230109_155820470.jpg
    PXL_20230109_155820470.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 74
Winter in my neck of the woods has been crazy thus far. Temps have been unseasonable warm, and although we had enough snow to ride in November, the rain took it all away the following week and we have been out of business since. I was able to try my (new to me) 2022 LTX SE during the November snow however, as luck would have it, the sled somehow got inflicted with some sort of mechanical gremlin over the summer and was not 100%. I tried a few remedies, but was unable to test due to the lack of snow.

Earlier this week we received a few inches, and although not ideal, I was able to pick and poke my way over the railbed nearby and run some tests. I made a few WOT whacks, checked all the parameters, Boost, AFRs, RPM, IATs etc, and everything seemed normal and working the way it should, so I turned around and decided to head back home.

As I made my way back, I was cruising about 75-80 mph and approached a decent stretch of about 3/4 of a mile. I fed the sled a full can of beans, tucked behind the windshield, and I let all the horses under the hood run free to their content.

When I got to the end of the stretch, I let off the throttle, and stood up to grab some wind and help slow the sled down. As soon as I stood up, I was immediately blown back down onto the seat into the sitting position. I thought to myself, "Hmmm....either I'm getting feeble, or I was really moving back there." Turns out it was both!!

I pulled over and pulled my GPS out of my pocket. It read 147mph! The GPS Apps on my phone read 2 mph higher, however I'm not sure which is more accurate. At any rate, I think the gremlins have been neutralized, as the sled now runs absolutely 100%. I've attached the pic for your viewing pleasure.
!!!!!!o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):)!!!!!!!!!
All I can say is "Uncle"

I’ll say with 100% certainty, that your new sled gremlins got blown away!

Back