• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hot starting or not starting

Herd form a good source that Yamaha will be releasing a bulletin on this problem soon if they haven't already. You may wan't to keep in contact with your dealer's.

That's what I'm talking about!!! I sure hope it is a fool proof fix. If so I will have the sled I really hoped I was buying.

this would be awesome. get this and the servo update and they could delete 20 pages of the viper form.

tator said:
this would be awesome. get this and the servo update and they could delete 20 pages of the viper form.
That'll keep the moderators busy for a while. LMAO!!! Sorry, just really excited to get this thing running the way we all knew it would.

My dealer told me yamaha is re doing the fuel mapping and all the vipers will get this new update arctic cat did the original mapping

Yamaha family said:
My dealer told me yamaha is re doing the fuel mapping and all the vipers will get this new update arctic cat did the original mapping
Funny, I said that earlier in this thread and was told I didn't know anything about engines for thinking that way. ;):D :o|

I am running a push turbo with the power commander. So far I have had no issues. I wonder if the power commander has anything to do with it? I turn the key an wait for all gauges to cycle. After about 5 seconds my afr gauge goes to mid 14's. I turn the key then and it fires right up.

Yamacat21 said:
Yamaha family said:
Funny, I said that earlier in this thread and was told I didn't know anything about engines for thinking that way. ;):D :o|

If I remember right and I may not, the thought was a bad map would affect all of us not just some. BUT, a bad flash could cause some to not work and others ok....remember Ski Doo 1000 that had a lot of units that had to be reflashed (I had one).

Either way, it's a computer problem. Not something I can fix in my garage. Most of my background is carbs. Pretty new to four strokes and very new to fuel injection but that doesn't make me an idiot.

my sled has been starting good sofar,but as was said, mine has also started to crank alot slower on cold start the last while,very noticeable from new, could it be a rely,

If I remember right and I may not, the thought was a bad map would affect all of us not just some. BUT, a bad flash could cause some to not work and others ok....remember Ski Doo 1000 that had a lot of units that had to be reflashed (I had one).[/quote]

Guys, I grew up with carburetors and breaker points... What's a "Flash"?

mtotguy said:
If I remember right and I may not, the thought was a bad map would affect all of us not just some. BUT, a bad flash could cause some to not work and others ok....remember Ski Doo 1000 that had a lot of units that had to be reflashed (I had one).

Guys, I grew up with carburetors and breaker points... What's a "Flash"?[/quote]

When the computer on your sled is programmed for specific characteristics a program is installed "or flashed" into the computer. Say you want rev limiter up to 9900 rpm you can have somebody with the equipment "flash" new instructions into your computer.

Yamacat21 said:
Either way, it's a computer problem. Not something I can fix in my garage. Most of my background is carbs. Pretty new to four strokes and very new to fuel injection but that doesn't make me an idiot.

Sorry if you took it that way as I certainly didn't mean that.

No worries, just glad there are people on here willing to brainstorm and try thing to fix these issues, small as they may be.

Back