• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hot starting or not starting

If someone is keeping a list they can add this one. My dealer talked to a Yamaha tech. He was told they thought it had something to do with the fuel that AC put in the tanks prior to shipment. So far mine has had no issues, thankfully.

I've had the issue a few times. Its always ended up firing up, but its really embarassing to be on a brand new sled thats not starting right away. Even more so when one of the people in your group is a cocky smart-@$$ type who is pro ski-doo and anti-yamaha and is sitting on his 15 year old sled that started on the first pull.

It seems like it was completely fine for the first 150 miles or so, and then once the reluctant start finally happened once, it has happened occasionally ever since.

sk-rx1 said:
If someone is keeping a list they can add this one. My dealer talked to a Yamaha tech. He was told they thought it had something to do with the fuel that AC put in the tanks prior to shipment. So far mine has had no issues, thankfully.

Haha, that's right up there on the genius scale with the excuse I was given- the Viper charging system not designed to charge the battery while you ride...

Mine did it again this past weekend. We stopped after about a 30 mile ride. Took a 10-15min break.
Get ready to leave. Turn the key. Crank, crank, crank, no start. Removed the key. Crank and samething, no start.
Removed the key, crank and it started. Coolant temp was reading 154 deg. Outside temp was in the mid 20's.

It seems that it happens at very specific conditions after you stop for a few minutes.

Seems like a calibration issue to me.

Maybe this is the grand plan? Arctic Cat sucks Yamaha into a deal, Uses their motors and implants a bug in the ECU programming to make the Yammi's look bad then drives them out of business and tada one less competitor.... I bet the Government is behind this. :o|

Yamadog said:
Maybe this is the grand plan? Arctic Cat sucks Yamaha into a deal, Uses their motors and implants a bug in the ECU programming to make the Yammi's look bad then drives them out of business and tada one less competitor.... I bet the Government is behind this. :o|

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yamadog said:

Might be a Virus in the software planted by Polaris, as they know they are going to have trouble selling Pro's when the Mountain Max arrives. LaLaLa

Someone please tell us how to adjust this it made my buddie nytro night and day! Do you just loosen the screws and adjust it??? Or

Fowlow said:
Can anyone tell us how to adjust this do you just loosen screws and turn the sensor

My sled is currently stored at my friends place in the UP, But I'm going to take a close look at the sensor and see if it adjustable, and take it off and turn it with a screw driver and see if it will read 100% and a higher voltage. This won't happen until feb 12th, that will be the next time I head up there.

Checked my TPS (closed) 0% 0.6 V
(full) 78% 3.7 V

Almost identical to Yamacat21

Now, I have zero issues and my sled will do 98mph

Question is, do I adjust?

I also have no problems with my sled, but dont understand why we are not getting 100% throttle. It sounds like everyones sled is like this

Depending on how the Ecu views the data it might not even matter. For instance a doo 1200 anything over 60% if I remember correct is fine. They use the angle to determine position.

I will have the sled ripped apart after this weekends radar run. I want to see what gives with the Throttle plates and see if they are only open at a certain percentage.

Plus checking to see what other performance gains I can find ;)

Today was not a good day for starting cold and windy -20*c most of the day. All starts other than the one in the garage this morning were excessive cranking even with the throttle added or not added, like 20 seconds or more to make it light. Something just ain't right with these things.

Very few systems read 100% as long as the throttle plate is all the way open when full throttle is applied and the mapping was done with these throttle positions we are seeing now it will not matter. Do not adjust it. AC service manual even says breaking the paint seal on TPS screws voids the warranty for those guys. Us? We dont have a service manual so not sure how it would be viewed.

Back