• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How do you haul your sleds?

This is one hot setup that I found. :Rockon:

Attachments

• 100636_G.jpeg
    100636_G.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 151

D'oh...For us, the only time that the machines are towed is kinda like in my picture, on a Qamutik (eskimo sled). I posted one a year or more ago with a POS on the sled. Nice pics folks.

RX-E

I live 300 ft from nearest trail, so most of my riding is just out of my garage. When going out of town to ride, or late season going to the mountains, I tow my rides like shown in the pic.

Attachments

• 520P1010002.JPG
    520P1010002.JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 139
Here is my tow rig. 04 F350 PSD with air bag rear suspension. i have a triton xt trailer with a smooth side cover.

Attachments

• DSC00070 (2).JPG
    DSC00070 (2).JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 123
I used to have a camper on the back of my truck and tow the snowmobile. I realized that my sled is more valuable to me than my living quarters so now I will be hauling the sled(s) on the truck and tow a small camper.

CIMG2307.jpg

CIMG2308.jpg

CIMG2309.jpg

When hauling one sled the sides do not overhang the truck. When you haul two sleds the sides of the deck slide out.

CIMG2310.jpg

Thanks Yazuka...sorry I'm a week late in noticing you posted the pics I requested. Very clear and helpful, I appreciate you taking the time to do that for me.

I didn't realize you were just using the strikers for support...very simple. I assumed you had drilled some holes in the truck and installed some brackets, but appears not. Very ingenious! Thank you!

187271.jpg

18ft total, 13ft deck with 1ft vnose. I like it a lot. Very good trailer.

Truck of course has no problem pulling. 430RWHP 795RWTQ

It may not be fast, but it works!

Attachments

• barn jan07 002.jpg
    barn jan07 002.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 139
yzm450,

You should swap out your mower deck for a snowblower!

I like to just launch em onto the deck, I hate trailers....

Attachments

• 26-12-061611.jpg
    26-12-061611.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 26-12-061613.jpg
    26-12-061613.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 138
Grimm said:
Leroy said:
Could you explain to me how this works, or do you have pictures of the sled loaded. When I go alone, I always haul my sled in the back of my truck and use an aluminum ramp to load, its easier to drive 5hrs and not worry about pulling a trailer. Just not sure how this setup works. Thanks for your help.

Well, I've only tried it out a couple of times thus far, but no pics of the sled in the truck.

What I do is drive the sled up the ramp to where the skis reach the top. Stop and set the parking brake and get off the sled. You can either lift up the rear bumper of the sled or the rear of the ramp and on plane with the bed of the pickup. This will be relatively easy due to the balance of the sled on the ramp. Most of the weight will be resting on the wheels (I've installed a couple more that are not in the pic) and I then push the sled and ramp into the truck.

I based my design on the aluminum ramp system from Cycle Hauler: http://cyclehauler.com/ezsledloader.htm

Keep in mind that this ramp is 10 feet long and slides into an 8 foot bed, so maybe you're prefer a shorter design if your truck is a short bed.

Here's another pic of the ramp in the bed as well as a diagram including dimensions of the ramp.
So can you tell me how it is working for you Grimm, I would hope you have had achance to try it out by now. Let me know, thanks

i made the same ramp as grimm and its pretty good,instead of wheels underneath,i mounted two sliders,teflon underneath a pcs of 2 by 4 about 6''long,works better than wheels IMO and isnt hard on box liner

Back