• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many people have removed their engine?

The motor mount tool is a special tool for adjusting/installing the engine into the correct position. The engine mounting bolts holding the engine in place goes thru the engine adjusting bolts, the engine adjusting bolts are hollow and treaded into the bulkhead. They hold the engine in place even if you remove all 3 engine mounting bolts. To be able to remove the engine you have to loosen the engine adjusting bolts, that's where the special tool come in handy. You may also use a large flat screwdriver to remove/adjust/install the engine adjusting bolts.

I've done it twice on my turbo sled and twice on my friends turboed apex. You can do it, just take your time.

I will suggest removing the hood as well.

If you have a digital camera, take pictures as you take her apart, makes it much easier on assembly.

Get hold of the Service Manual, the whole assembly of your sled is described in text and images. If you need it I have it in PDF file format, file size 11 MB.

If you work real slow I will say you need 2 evenings to take everything apart.

One more thing, buy some beer, call your friends for help and you're done in one evening, don't buy too much beer tho, it may take a whole week, LOL.

Good luck on your project :)
New to the site and have a project. 20009 Yamaha Nytro XTX and its my dream machine. I am looking to remove the engine and have a look see. Reason for the guy I bought it from had a supercharger on it but started to whine and he shut it down. I am going to tear the engine out and see how back the internals are damaged. Hoping its just a cleaning and new rings and back together without the SC of coarse. Long time rider first time having Yamaha 4 stroke but I am excited to bring this DREAM a reality for me. Can you help by sending the .pdf? Hoping its for the Nytro and not a different platform. Let me know I can provided email.

The service manuals are platform specific so an RX-1 service manual would not be applicable to your Nytro. With that said, if you become a VIP member on this forum, one of the perks along with the membership is that you have access to the service manuals where you could request the Nytro service manual from one of the moderators on this forum once you have become a VIP member.

Here's a link for the VIP membership: https://totallyamaha.com/Totallyamaha/Store/vip.htm

Thank you i just signed up for the site. Wish me luck! it truly is my dream sled!!!

How do i find the manuals on the site now? LOL

I will request it like you pointed out. Thank you!

So it happened I pulled the motor and reinstalled it too. Take pictures of all the wiring harnesses on each side of the steering 4 point. I mine I had to buy the special motor mount removal tool (search eBay) if you are in the Flint area I could let you use mine if needed. Michigan that is, I marked the wiring harnesses with zip ties on where they were located on the machine. Pay close attn; to the throttle cable and how it mounts or slips in (i used a dental pick to reinstall) as for the motor I made a engine cherry picker from alum, tubing that is connected to my sled roller it worked great and a large tie down ratchet strap for like tie-ing down a SKID STEER! Upon reinstall I looked at the wire slide pictures from the manual I got on this site (and thank you to the moderators again for your prompt attn and emails. Box up parts and tag them as you remove, don;t get ahead of yourself in the process, take pictures and for sure first thins power wash all the areas and let some de-greaser work its magic a cleaner machine comes apart better than a dirty one believe you me! Also if you do not have long T-handle metric hex keys buy them and also buy the Bondhus is a great brand, tough and worth the money you cant get to crazy on torguing however they work great for a 30 degree bend in tight spaces!!!!

Back