• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I LOVE!!!! my Pro Line clutch kit.

I'm sorry but from what I've been reading the correct term for maximum velocity on any given object is " like a raped are"

How are the Apex/Attack tachs reading for accuracy? I thought most who calibrated them said they were reading a couple hundred high which is usually typical for most sleds.

snowbeast -- I assumed (never assume) that you guys had the clutches locked (full shift) and were gaining mph through rpm. I don't want to muck up Four Strokes thread with a bunch of math & theoretical stuff so now back to the topic, Proline Clutch Kits.

Four Stroker,
There will be snow drags this coming weekend at South Portage at Dwight (just outside Huntsville) both Sat and Sun. I raced both days last weekend using stock components which I got running good on Sunday. This was a 660’ track which will be 1000’ this coming weekend. This if a full timing system and can race head to head. We should experiment with your Proline kit and my RTX to see what gains are to be had and have a printout of 5 runs to compare. Should be a fun weekend....
BTW we will have the same skis ;)!

Dan

That dyno sheet is corrected up 10hp!!! Holy correction factor Batman!!!!

Torque numbers

77 ft lbs of torque ? That's all ? I thought these engines had around 102 ft lbs. My SRX had around 91 ft-lbs.

Interesting.

Re: Torque numbers

srx70024 said:
77 ft lbs of torque ? That's all ? I thought these engines had around 102 ft lbs. My SRX had around 91 ft-lbs.

Interesting.

That is torque at the crank. Not at the clutch. The Apex has prolly over 100ftlbs at the clutch, due to torque multiplication from the gear reduction...however, HP remains the same.

srx70024 said:
I forgot about the increase of torque with the gear reduction.

also found this....
http://www.ty4stroke.com/download.php?id=10997

:Rockon:

geez, don't you just love dyno sheets and the lies they tell....as far as I knew, HP does not increase due to gear reduction, only torque.

A car with 500hp, has 500hp weather it's in 5th gear or 1st gear.

From todays test on 1/4 mile, it pulls harder at 10 000 than 10 500 (more torque) but numbers at 1/4 mile are the same: 96 MPH on GPS....right now, it goes to 10 000 at WOT and creeps up to 10 900 on very hard packed snow with one inch of loose snow and -8 celcius 200 feet altitude.... I'm happy with those numbers... I prefer hard acceleration than top speed since I do a lot of trails... after 10 900 hp drops real fast...

RASH

Something isn't right with your sled Rash. Mine with stock clutching in warm crap conditions pulls like a "raped Ape" and I saw 106 on GPS in a very short run while pulling 11K.

i was the guy with the Blue Attak in south Portage this weekend,, I had a few wins and seconds,,, overall i got a second place in the 700 stock improve class and a third in the 800 improve and king of the trail,, King of the trail i got lucky a couple fast sleds red lighted in the semi finals..

oh by the way ,, I think I would have done better,, i had geared down for 660,, i think i went to low,, didnt have enegh time to test,, but i am going to blinde River in March

Back