• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pro-Line clutch kit

machz I,ve been talking to Matt on this kit for 2 weeks now and what he told me was there is more than 1 spring he will be putting with the kit. It will be desided at the time of order since there is a difference in sleds and rider weight , also what it will be used for primarly. He couldnt say what spring would be used till then.. Hope this helps byoffcr

Don't take this out of context but how does machining primary and secondary for overdrive help when you can put a turbo on stock geared and clutched APEX not machined for overdrive and produce 135+ mph on GPS ?

On gearing are you going 23 on top or 40 on bottom ?

Reaper said:
Don't take this out of context but how does machining primary and secondary for overdrive help when you can put a turbo on stock geared and clutched APEX not machined for overdrive and produce 135+ mph on GPS ?

On gearing are you going 23 on top or 40 on bottom ?

because of a few things

1. You cant pull the stock gearing in an apex with 150 HP

2. Your clutches will only shift out so far in stock form.

Thats about as simple as it gets...BBY

OK, makes sense but if you can pull the big end number with stock gear with more HP then theortically the clutches can shift out to make this happen so why machine ? Just trying to get me head around it.

Reaper said:
OK, makes sense but if you can pull the big end number with stock gear with more HP then theortically the clutches can shift out to make this happen so why machine ? Just trying to get me head around it.

Guys, the apex is geared for 129 MPH. Problem is, with only 150 hp, youll never see it. You can take this for what its worth. It works, plain and simple...BBY

What is the rpm are you seeing with this kit???

How much of the primary is machined?? Some were known to create a mess if too much taken off.

BBY,send me a p.m. im interested in what u are saying,ive never machined a primary,the gear change u suggest is it a top 23 tooth,should i studd the track..thanx ;)!

Throttl Jockey said:
So which kit, is gonna be the best for trail riding / trail racing, I don't care about drag racing or top speed, I just want something for 0 to 75 mph, ( mainly in the whoops and twists on the trails) and something that is gonna just be a little bit more snappy then stock.... Any suggestions.. OR would re gearing work?
Then stick with stock and change the bottom gear to a 40 or a top gear to the 23. The bottom is the preferred approach. OR Get with Matts, The Speedshop kit, which is a gear change, machine stock helix and stock Primary clutch, in which he indicates is the fastest and Matt has also this against tested against all other kits and a stock sled. Also, you may even want to try a 22/38 gearing combo, which is what will be in the 07 RTX. You will have to buy a new chain and a 22 top gear and still have Matt machine the Primary Clutch and Secondary helix.

I am leaning towards the Speed Shop kit as of right now, I went out and bought the wife a new leftover o6 Nytro, so now I don't have to worry about her wanting to get on the RTX anymore. LOL

Back