• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Igrip stud installation

Looks great !! Is that a 1 1/4 Ripsaw 2 ? I'm looking into this product for my Viper, just not sure what pattern to use for 137" track. Would the 4-4-5 work ?

It's the stock 129" ripsaw 2. The 137" ripsaw 2 has the same three lug pattern with a total of 48 bars. There's a total of 16 groups of the 3 lug pattern so if you do the 4-4-5 pattern then you'd need 13x16=208 total screws.

It's the stock 129" ripsaw 2. The 137" ripsaw 2 has the same three lug pattern with a total of 48 bars. There's a total of 16 groups of the 3 lug pattern so if you do the 4-4-5 pattern then you'd need 13x16=208 total screws.
Thank you Grizztracks..

Hello are you installing tunnel protectors with these? Thx

Just finished mine up, not to bad of a job. I did 4 per bar alternating 1 of the bars with 2 studs on one side the 3 bars later the 2 were on the other side. Had 2 of them that ripped thru just as I bottomed them out

Just finished mine up, not to bad of a job. I did 4 per bar alternating 1 of the bars with 2 studs on one side the 3 bars later the 2 were on the other side. Had 2 of them that ripped thru just as I bottomed them out
Did you put tunnel protectors?

I cut the drill bit shorter with a cut off wheel so it could be chucked in the drill to the proper depth. I did a 4-4-5 studding pattern in a 129" ripsaw

View attachment 142304
I guess your not using tunnel protectors since studs are in line with them,the owner of the company said no drilling required

I guess your not using tunnel protectors since studs are in line with them,the owner of the company said no drilling required

I'm still running stock tunnel protectors and none of the studs are in line with the protectors. The stock tunnel protectors are positioned over the track windows. The igrip screws need to be pre-drilled for proper installation and I believe that is in the directions. It's important when drilling pilot holes to keep the drill bit centered and straight in the lug so the studs have as much material as possible to hold them in place. Even when pre-drilling it's easy to get them off center and not straight in the lug. I wouldn't even attempt to install the igrip studs without first drilling a pilot.

I'm still running stock tunnel protectors and none of the studs are in line with the protectors. The stock tunnel protectors are positioned over the track windows. The igrip screws need to be pre-drilled for proper installation and I believe that is in the directions. It's important when drilling pilot holes to keep the drill bit centered and straight in the lug so the studs have as much material as possible to hold them in place. Even when pre-drilling it's easy to get them off center and not straight in the lug. I wouldn't even attempt to install the igrip studs without first drilling a pilot.

X2. Patrick from IGrip stresses the fact it needs a pilot.

Do you have a center tunel protector or just 2 above windows?

Installed 200 of these IGRIPS today and drilled a pilot hole as indicated. I don’t think this could have been done very well without a pilot hole.

Best to do this on a fresh track or lightly used track as the paddles will offer more surface area. I had 7,000 miles on my track and some lugs were worn/rounded a bit. That can make it a little tricky which is why the pilot hole helped a lot.

Back