• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

info on clutch kit whit a 23 top gear

KnappAttack said:
10,700 - 10,800 is ideal peak HP RPM.

Thanks, I will try that for next winter.
What do you mean by properly set up stocker?
What do you do to fine tune your stocker to get it to run to the max.?
I also put a new Cobra track on mine late this spring.
Hopefully this will help traction as I don't run studs.

KnappAttack said:
It's pretty easy to slow them down and hurt the performance. My properely set up stocker will take down the so called "modded four-strokes".

SO TRUE !

Back in my 20's when I was young, stupid, and wanted my MXZ583 to run with a MachZ 780 I tried every friggin "bolt-on" hop-up gimmick know to man, yet my sled never got faster. Why? An engine is an air pump, the more air in, the more air needs to be let out. And once you have achieved that mysticall extra 9 hp, you need to totally recalibrate your clutching. And how does the average garage monkey performance junkie correctly match clutching to peak hp and torque rpm's ? It's a waste of time without a engine or track dyno.....

I remember watching a reall cool vid back in the early 90's with Gerard Karpik of FAST Racing, and Phil Mickelson (at the time was R&D'ing with Ski-Doo) the vid was all about Ski-Doo blueprinting engines and chassis' Phil went on to comment "In the process of trying to gain 3 hp, most end up loosing 5hp instead".

My MXZ583 was the last sled I ever screwed with, now I simply buy a big engine, and just leave the friggin' thing stock!

Back