• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Input on Phazer Skid plates

Mountaintech

TY 4 Stroke God
I have been building parts for FX Nytros for several years now and am expanding into the Phazer market. Looking for input in regards to skid plates for Phazers. For the Nytro I offer both a full length and short version. They are both constructed of 3/16" CNC laser cut aluminum, that is then machined, CNC bent, assembled, and then powdercoated. They are the finest out there. I want to be able to offer the same for the Phazer. Thoughts?

I run a skid plate from a venture light, they are huge and give good floatations witch is needed due partly because of the low power... So whatever you make should be wide (if you ask me)

Hmmm, I am sure your Nytro skid plates are really cool pieces. I have a Skinz float plate on my Phazer as I wanted the extra floatation along with the protection. It is hard to beat 1/4" HDPE for durability.

G.B.

i've had the factory yami & now have a skinz. much better being wider.
if you do make one, make sure it has alot of surface area.

mountaintech, maybe make/offer some a-arms protectors to add to your business/products?

Gone Blue said:
Hmmm, I am sure your Nytro skid plates are really cool pieces. I have a Skinz float plate on my Phazer as I wanted the extra floatation along with the protection. It is hard to beat 1/4" HDPE for durability.

G.B.

Have you had icing problems with the float plate? The float plate stacks against the existing panels right? Has icing separated the plate from the chassis?

Mountaintech said:
Gone Blue said:

G.B.

Have you had icing problems with the float plate? The float plate stacks against the existing panels right? Has icing separated the plate from the chassis?

I can see how that might happen. I have had ice between the float plate and bottom plastic belly pan. Nothing that has caused any issues so far. Thanks, G.B.

same here, ice just sits on top of skid plate. no ill effects yet.

i've tried drilling holes in the yami plate when i had it on, did nothing really.

SPG plate, A-arm protectors & Curve XS skis being pushed by the freeride- floats well ;)!

Back