• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jumping Ship

DooAssassin said:
:Rockon:
Ok Ok, enjoy your cat. ;)! it still sounds like a snowblower and the key for it looks like a snowblower key too. Im not backing down on this one untill you can come up with hard evidence. Till then im out. See ya :rocks:

For hard evidence, go on Dynotechs website and look up the Z1 Turbo big turbo upgrade. 350hp pump gas and meth at 30 psi, using stock airbox. since then they opened up to a full 3" air filter and with running a bigger turbo and more boost we get them into the 400hp range on pump gas and meth.

I had a yamaha apex running a front mount with a 2860 @ 22lbs boost with every trick done to it. I could beat the Z1 that was in the dyno test, but couldn't beat the sled that this post is about. And to top it all off, the yamaha wasn't even close to being able to trail ride, the A/C could go on a 300 mile trail ride then come down on the lake and run 140 in 1000' on ice.

You may know about your Yamaha, as do I. We built 1 S/C and 2 turbo yamahas. We have 1 boosted ski doo that is no joke, and I just sold the A/C. Out of all of them the A/C Z1 was the fastest. So your theories mean nothing to me. I rode'em, raced'em and know'em! You just haven't come across a Z1 done the right way yet. And your theory is a joke about 2 cylinders as well.....Glen Hall just put down over 600 real HP with the Z1 based engine. I call BS on what your saying also based on what I have physically seen and have done. But its all good, I like to break balls, and help out people if I can.

Happy New year to all, and Josh you are gonna love that sled!!!!! I am sitting back and waiting to see if yamaha comes out with something new before I jump back into the turbo world again.....

kinger said:
Good luck with the sled!!! I happen to think they are pretty dang cool myself.

Thanks Kinger... I will be sure to post up some vids once I get home... and we get snow... I just got a new go pro for just such an occasion ... and the radar gun and gps are anxiously awaiting

aja636 said:
DooAssassin said:
:Rockon:
Ok Ok, enjoy your cat. ;)! it still sounds like a snowblower and the key for it looks like a snowblower key too. Im not backing down on this one untill you can come up with hard evidence. Till then im out. See ya :rocks:

For hard evidence, go on Dynotechs website and look up the Z1 Turbo big turbo upgrade. 350hp pump gas and meth at 30 psi, using stock airbox. since then they opened up to a full 3" air filter and with running a bigger turbo and more boost we get them into the 400hp range on pump gas and meth.

I had a yamaha apex running a front mount with a 2860 @ 22lbs boost with every trick done to it. I could beat the Z1 that was in the dyno test, but couldn't beat the sled that this post is about. And to top it all off, the yamaha wasn't even close to being able to trail ride, the A/C could go on a 300 mile trail ride then come down on the lake and run 140 in 1000' on ice.

You may know about your Yamaha, as do I. We built 1 S/C and 2 turbo yamahas. We have 1 boosted ski doo that is no joke, and I just sold the A/C. Out of all of them the A/C Z1 was the fastest. So your theories mean nothing to me. I rode'em, raced'em and know'em! You just haven't come across a Z1 done the right way yet. And your theory is a joke about 2 cylinders as well.....Glen Hall just put down over 600 real HP with the Z1 based engine. I call BS on what your saying also based on what I have physically seen and have done. But its all good, I like to break balls, and help out people if I can.

Happy New year to all, and Josh you are gonna love that sled!!!!! I am sitting back and waiting to see if yamaha comes out with something new before I jump back into the turbo world again.....

Chomping at the bit would not be an accurate representation of how I am feeling right now about stabbing the lever on this Cat... its much worse than that :o|

DooAssassin said:
Proof is also on the trail also. That sled is not running 380-420. Your calculation is incorrect because you are not taking into consideration how unefficent the head design is and only 2 cyl and how your turbo is not flowing properly at that high of boost. Here is a apex on 91 with no meth only @ 15psi 335hp. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr0B2X63fUw On meth it will produce more boost like you said so @ 22psi 438hp....... on the dyno. They will not boost over the efficency of the turbo because it dosint make much difference. Typically its around 20 psi for all turbos. After that its all hot air and restricted turbo exhaust.

15psi@335 pump no Meth! Apex or 22psi @438hp on Meth or race.
30psi@350 pump meth cat

It takes half the boost with no Meth to make thesame power. I think it explains it self here. What do you think? I mean am I missing something here??

Thank for the help to prove my point about the engine be a restrictive 2 cyl. And not being able to produce the HP a apex can with pump gas. All the facts are there now and we can see that it does intact produce less HP than a Turbo apex. So you lost a race to one z1, that dosing make them faster. Your facts are no good asside from the dynotech dyno proof, that is some good info my friend and I bow to you for that.

I think the new cat is a very nice sled and I would buy one myself. That being said, a lot of the argument (conversation) is all correct on both sides. Cats can make big power on a dyno. I'm just really wondering about h.p. to the ground? I have not seen many cat's around here so I cant really say weather they go or not? Keep in mind back in the days of the machz800 and the thundercats. The big cats had 172 h.p. and the machz had 155. line them both up out of the box and it was more like the machz had the 172 and the cat had the 155? Now put a set of jaws pipes on the cat, base port it and you had a different animal. Any way you cut it, if a guy has 400 h.p. on pump gas in any sled, he has a lot of $$$$ and that aint your regular grocery getter. I think the yamaha apex in general has been an over achiever since it came out. when you look at the h.p. to weight ratio, it just dont add up...lol.... The best thing about the new cat is there is rivelry once again in the world of sleds..hehe

A cat in the house - where are my allergy medication LOL

You guys need some snow :)

Happy new year and good luck with AJA636 old cat!

DooAssassin said:
Btw josh I'm not singling out oyur sled I'm sure its a rocket ship. Come up here and ride, 2 feet of snow and tons of trails

No offense taken at all my friend... but you have put the bug in my ear now... Im sure this wont be the last time these numbers are doubted... so I am going to the dyno when I get home, and we will all find out for sure. Will be a few weeks before I am back home... but I will post up the sheets.

As for the riding... I will be coming to Canada to ride if I have to. Maine is pretty disappointing right now for snow fall...or lack there of.

Bottom line guys is $$$$$$$ wins races period....Question to be answered is "How much do you want to spend" ??????

Ain't that the truth!!! I can say after riding both sleds, In my opinion the A/C was a better ride.

Just had to get over the sound.....Nothing sings like the yamahas.

TotallyNytro said:
Bottom line guys is $$$$$$$ wins races period....Question to be answered is "How much do you want to spend" ??????

Right on!!!!!! :Rockon: Boost just rocks on any sled!! :4STroke:

hi ajay,my rx1 with your 2860 turbo beat a dealership turbo z1 with alot of work done to it also.he had meth ,bigger turbo ,stutter box ,hijacker also and he was at four santioned races i went to last year.i beat him pretty bad not even close .they also said it had over 400hp ,which i dont believe because i was only running 18 pounds on my sled .the turbo doo 1200 with an mcxpress turbo also beat him but barely.i also dont like the sound of them too ,but they are nice looking.it was always my yamaha rx1 ,then the doo and then the z1 that took wins.

Back