• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Keeping it cool

neonphil

Expert
I have been running my sled over 230 degrees during testing. To put an end to that I added a radiator from an ATV . I drove my sled for about 15 minutes and it never went over 207 degrees. The total weight of the cover,radiator and fan was 5 1/2 lb.

cover-3.JPG

cover2.JPG

cool.JPG

That would help big time on the asphalt! PM me with the atv info you got that from.

Phil, I can't keep my sled that clean, and I don't even run grass.

Man, that sled hauls but!!!

What a genius! Why the foil on the radiator? You must tell us the info you tease. What part numbers? What cost? Who did your cover and how much? Do you have the dimensions? Power source? Would it fit in the front in place of the tool box?

wicked idea...did u race with it yet?
i say u'll make up for the 5 pounds no trouble with the added performance from running cooler

I'll have to look into that I have a radiater and fan from my quad I parted out it look's the same size.

NOS-PRO said:
That would help big time on the asphalt! PM me with the atv info you got that from.

Phil, I can't keep my sled that clean, and I don't even run grass.

Man, that sled hauls but!!!

I purchased it off EBay and won the auction paying $102.
In the description it only states YAMAHA YFZ RADIATOR.
This would be perfect for asphalt!

Indy said:
What a genius! Why the foil on the radiator? You must tell us the info you tease. What part numbers? What cost? Who did your cover and how much? Do you have the dimensions? Power source? Would it fit in the front in place of the tool box?

When I designed the cover, my main goal was to make it as "stock" looking as possible. Air is drawn through the back of the cover and discharges over the snowflap. The foil keeps the air from recirculating through the radiator.
I made a template out of posterboard and transferred it to a piece of .065 aluminum.
The fan costs $71.99
http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/Store_ViewProdDetail.asp?ProdID=8539
Radiator: EBAY auction for $102.
Sheet of aluminum: $20.
This would not fit in place of the tool box. Although, you probably could find a small enough radiator that would fit.

Auskins said:
wicked idea...did u race with it yet?
i say u'll make up for the 5 pounds no trouble with the added performance from running cooler

At the last race, when I returned back to the pits after making my pass, my water temp was 140 degrees. Normally it would be above 220.

Thanks Phil, keep 'er rockin!

I have an 03 shorty runnin 210 degrees all the time. So today I checked the anti freeze and sure enough it was 100% anti freeze. So I diluted it quite a bit and added water wetter. After an hour of adding and subtracting and adding the WW it still ran a religous 210. Is this okay. I see alot of guys say they run 170-190.

Back