• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kingers BOOSTED garage....

8A2CCD5D-6135-4DB3-BBEF-528193AAFE07.jpeg

This is a weird one. I can’t find any source of ignition. Wiring looks mint. It’s almost like it started under my seat and then melted the meth line not the other way around.

Fuel pump and sender are under seat but they both work fine.

More investigation is needed.

OR the flame threw fireballs at BOB lol

So you haven't got it figured out. :) .. but you can now rule out the meth system.

So you haven't got it figured out. :) .. but you can now rule out the meth system.
I think it’s clear the wiring got hot. It’s still factory and I was on a long hard pull at 20 psi so it was working. Ulmer called and said he can’t run stock wiring on high boost set ups. So even though it’s been on there for decades it was always at 11 psi. So I’ll get a HD relay for it with 12 ga new wiring.

I think I finally have everything ordered to be able to install my new Ski Doo Trail tank 13 gallon monster tank!

Quick recap I finally invested in AN tooling and will be changing meth and fuel lines to AN line and fittings (soooo expensive!)
I figured out a pick up that will suck out every last drop from the 13 gallons AND no starve the engine for air when I am on fumes
New HD water proof relay for fuel pump direct off the battery wiring (Root cause of fire)
Aluminum to fabricate spacers for the my XP tank to account for the tunnel kick up of OEM tunnel
Heat shield material to protect new tank from glowing turbo (It gets HOT when the valve is shut!)

So what is left before I can ride again?

Install all of that (Estimate of 4 hours+ of work!)
Write new tune that will lean out the sled a lot based on data gathered pre fire, and up boost
Come up with some sort of air intake filter
Figure out some way to attach Yamaha fuel sender to XP tank
Re-wire Meth pump power and ground lines with larger gauge
Adjust idle up to 1600 rpm to see if it help cold start (it purrs now around 1100-1200)

Man this is a lot of work LOL Why do we do this again??? :sled2:

I think I finally have everything ordered to be able to install my new Ski Doo Trail tank 13 gallon monster tank!

Quick recap I finally invested in AN tooling and will be changing meth and fuel lines to AN line and fittings (soooo expensive!)
I figured out a pick up that will suck out every last drop from the 13 gallons AND no starve the engine for air when I am on fumes
New HD water proof relay for fuel pump direct off the battery wiring (Root cause of fire)
Aluminum to fabricate spacers for the my XP tank to account for the tunnel kick up of OEM tunnel
Heat shield material to protect new tank from glowing turbo (It gets HOT when the valve is shut!)

So what is left before I can ride again?

Install all of that (Estimate of 4 hours+ of work!)
Write new tune that will lean out the sled a lot based on data gathered pre fire, and up boost
Come up with some sort of air intake filter
Figure out some way to attach Yamaha fuel sender to XP tank
Re-wire Meth pump power and ground lines with larger gauge
Adjust idle up to 1600 rpm to see if it help cold start (it purrs now around 1100-1200)

Man this is a lot of work LOL Why do we do this again??? :sled2:

I honestly went to see a counselor at the behest of a former girlfriend. This was over how much time/effort/money was going into a drag boat. The counselor said 'you are passionate, committed and you have goals, you are doing well at work, sounds like you really enjoy the boat, it all sounds perfectly healthy to me' so I got a new girlfriend.

Its all work but I bet you cannot imagine not having 'the challenge' to think about every day.

Back