• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Knockout kit

Gave this a little thought...I'm not exactly happy on Tapp's vagueness. But I suppose I've (and others) made a mountain out of a mole hill.
Once the splines all meet it's basically wiping out any additional Grease into the snubhub.
To me, common sense tells me to use barely enough just to cover the splines with a decent film.
Again I'm not exactly sure what any more additional grease that gets wiped off the spines will do for us?
Centrifugal force will cause the grease to work it's way to the furthest radius allowed. More RPM causes it to push outward, then when letting off to lower RPM's where the engine has the harmonics and the grease will move around somewhat again.

Centrifugal force will cause the grease to work it's way to the furthest radius allowed. More RPM causes it to push outward, then when letting off to lower RPM's where the engine has the harmonics and the grease will move around somewhat again.

Kinda how I figured it would work too. Wonder how liquefied the grease gets when at temp...

I myself figured more grease is better from that aspect.

I completely understand what you're saying.
So if the Snubshaft is partially or completely full of grease that would leave the grease on the splines no where to go, as far as outward centrifugal force trying to push it into the Snubshaft.
More better? Idk....

Kinda how I figured it would work too. Wonder how liquefied the grease gets when at temp...

I myself figured more grease is better from that aspect.
It will remain relatively stable until it nears its dropping point. Here is a great example.

Those are the videos kolenko is sharing. Did you use his grease or the TaPP grease?
I used his grease. I do have 2 more to do. So maybe some just won’t work and some do. Not sure why some are really quiet and some are not. I’ll know more after I do the others.

I used his grease. I do have 2 more to do. So maybe some just won’t work and some do. Not sure why some are really quiet and some are not. I’ll know more after I do the others.
Good point. Interested to see the difference when you do some with the TAPP grease

Good point. Interested to see the difference when you do some with the TAPP grease
If they would tell us what grease they use and how much to me is the key to making this thing work. I have done one with just a light coat and it was better but still rattled.

Back