• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Knockout kit

Ya, I just did mine on the new 23 today with the loctite and the kit. Just cant imagine this will do much of anything with the clutch rattle, cant believe I had to try it. Figured it may stop the rattle a bit in that 3500-4500 range, but I should know better.

The 1200 Doo has no stub shaft and splines and it will rattle the clutches like a bucket of bolts too. Cant be helped on a three cylinder four stroke. Just need a good clutch on it, but even my Tapp has the rattle at 4500 or so RPM.

Funny that Cat has clutches that don't rattle on this engine though.....
Agree as a Cat rider. Just don't see the same rattle on TCats w either Team or ADAPT primaries. I think the weights of the Winder primary is close to Team weight but I haven’t seen actual weights compared to ADAPT.

I’ve done three winder s now , all noticeably much quieter. Only question now is longevity
i agree... curious tho how things sound and lube looks after a season.. wont be me due to lack of snow its seems lately but have to get one of u high milers to do a follow up

So what is the thoughts on just doing this yourself with a proper Oring and the Grease? once it is back together with oring properly fit inside it cant really go anywhere to get by as it is against the bearing on the inside.

So what is the thoughts on just doing this yourself with a proper Oring and the Grease? once it is back together with oring properly fit inside it cant really go anywhere to get by as it is against the bearing on the inside.
Hah ....it's not a bad idea. I can't imagine having anything to lose.

If you can justify the machining time and have the materials on hand (free) then go for it but for the cost.. it seems like a lot of effort only to end up where you started. The design/o-ring isn't an issue as far as I can tell, and comments here that it holds the grease towards the engine side where the grease can and likely will leak back towards the engine/crankcase as it breaks down means the o-ring is doing its job. The whole thing feels like a solution that will require seasonal maintenance or maybe every few seasons just based on the comments from TAPP that half the grease should be held in reserve for 'next time'.

If you can justify the machining time and have the materials on hand (free) then go for it but for the cost.. it seems like a lot of effort only to end up where you started. The design/o-ring isn't an issue as far as I can tell, and comments here that it holds the grease towards the engine side where the grease can and likely will leak back towards the engine/crankcase as it breaks down means the o-ring is doing its job. The whole thing feels like a solution that will require seasonal maintenance or maybe every few seasons just based on the comments from TAPP that half the grease should be held in reserve
If this grease refilling becomes part of the seasonal maintenance procedure. I still think it a good deal. The small amount of time, to take apart and grease is time well worth the final results in my opinion. Once we get some miles on the kit .Time will tell if its the real deal or not.

Yes we definitely need conditions that allow us to start riding these sleds before I fix my sled so much that I have it permken!
Ive been thinking along those lines. I've had my console and panels off more times this year then the last six combined. I'm done, I'm not done, I'm done, I'm not done.
Something's gotta break soon.
Like stated, I'm ready to start riding. I'm assuming it's another 3 weeks for me as conditions are not even considered sketchy. Think about that.

I can't believe I read this entire thread....20 minutes of time I'll never get back. I'm with Bob on this, Apex clutch and Hurricane noise reduction ring. This combination is very quiet, and you don't have to worry about anything.

I can't believe I read this entire thread....20 minutes of time I'll never get back. I'm with Bob on this, Apex clutch and Hurricane noise reduction ring. This combination is very quiet, and you don't have to worry about anything.
But what kinda grease you going to use
And how much
LOL

Hmmm....didn't see anything on grease/ how much till page 11. And after that very few posts about it. We are now on pg15.
Guys spending hundreds on a balancer that may not last forever. might not be the best solution either? Hmmm
Do we as a group not completely enjoy Options, or DIY projects?
I think the knockout kit could very well be a homerun, for those that want their clutch quieter. Probably just takes a day or so to do some reseacrch, and find a Particular grease that outshines others by a very large margin.

Lol.....

Last edited:
I do hope it works as intended. It would be a good option for sure for many.
My Hurricane ring has been on my winder since the first year it was out. Zero issues just a very quiet clutch for at least 8,000 miles now.
For me it's not something I want to add to the already long list of yearly maintenance on these sleds.

On a positive note...North of Newberry (Windy Corners) to Pine stump over to Grand Marais got a foot plus of snow 2 days ago....yippee!

Judging by the numbers I'm seeing in many various groups, this little seal kit is going to put 100,000miles this year, in testing. Keep in mind , 40 guys putting on 2500miles is not that hard to believe. so we will get a very good snapshot of things, By the end of this season. Again, could be a grease out there that's working in another area of industry that could easily extend the products ability to keep clutch noise at bay. Maybe one of us has found something and it just needs to be tested b4 bringing it to the groups attention.besides, clutches should be pulled every season, as knappattack stated, it's not a big deal. I just don't want to refill the grease after every ride. Lol.
Anyway.... I saw the snow you speak of, seemed to be in a very tight Corridor. Groomers out, grooming what they can (their words). Not all areas have enough snow. I'm hopeful as you are, just have to stay patient a little bit longer.
Just hate to drive 7hrs+ to bounce off rocks.

Last edited:
I just finished my seasonal and additions on my SRX and for whatever reason this knockout kit had a much more dramatic effect than on my older XTX. I did switch to an Apex primary, although I have a hard time believing that was an attributing factor.

Back