• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Knockout kit

Ah ha. I ordered a bunch of stuff on Monday and asked if they were gonna have a Black Friday sale cause I would have waited a few days.

Installed a kit today was an easy install and it does quiet things up. Not sure how long the grease will stay in there but a pretty clever idea.

Installed a kit today was an easy install and it does quiet things up. Not sure how long the grease will stay in there but a pretty clever idea.
Yup was skeptical, but installed one last week on a customers sled. Easy install and was surprised how much of a difference it made to an already smooth TAPP clutch setup. Ordered one for my own sled. Cant go wrong for the price.

Never removed stub shaft, just unbolt and pulls out or need slide hammer? Anything particular to make sure the stub shaft is pressed in the bearing well?

Never removed stub shaft, just unbolt and pulls out or need slide hammer? Anything particular to make sure the stub shaft is pressed in the bearing well?
For easier removal, tap it clockwise so that you have one of the 4 ears where the bolt holes in a spot that you can pry it off. Hope that makes sense?

I have found this works well for removing stub shaft and collar:

-remove belt
-remove primary clutch with puller
-remove stub shaft retention bolts
-place primary clutch loosely on stub shaft
-insert primary clutch bolt back in clutch and thread it in a ways but do not tighten as you want primary clutch to still be loose on stub shaft
-now grab primary clutch with both hands and slide it in and out like a slide hammer the stub shaft and collar should slide right out
-remove clutch bolt and primary clutch from stub shaft

Caution always remember to NEVER turn the engine backwards when doing any work on your sled.

Works for me!

Another idea if it's stubborn is remove the primary spring and use the primary clutch as a slide hammer.

I ordered this kit today. But the web site at TD makes reference to some 2017 Sidewinder's use a different shaft that this kit will not work with. Does anybody know how to tell the difference without tearing it down?

Back