• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Last year of the Apex - "share your Apex memories"

Even though this was the first season for my wife and I not having an Apex in the stable I was able to go on a few rides this year with some buds that are still enjoying their Apex's. The first couple of pics are of one of my long time friends who picked up a new 50th Apex this year on his first trip to the UP in many years. The next pics are from a Feb. ride in the UP with fellow TY members "journeyman" on his Apex and "snoseeker" riding his SW along with the fellow that picked up my wife's former blue VX1R Apex. Good times riding with all of these guys.

It's pretty impressive to see that after a 12 year production run that the mighty Apex's are still holding their own against the latest and greatest sleds from the OEM's.

I really feel that if Yamaha ever came out with their own sled with a version of the 4 banger from the Apex either with a turbo or a NA version that they would own the top of the sledding world.

IMG_20180109_122020.jpg
IMG_20180109_145046.jpg

IMG_20180208_143617.jpg
IMG_20180208_144112.jpg

Last edited:

Even though this was the first season for my wife and I not having an Apex in the stable I was able to go on a few rides this year with some buds that are still enjoying their Apex's. The first couple of pics are of one of my long time friends who picked up a new 50th Apex this year on his first trip to the UP in many years. The next pics are from a Feb. ride in the UP with fellow TY members "journeyman" on his Apex and "snoseeker" riding his SW along with the fellow that picked up my wife's former blue VX1R Apex. Good times riding with all of these guys.

It's pretty impressive to see that after a 12 year production run that the mighty Apex's are still holding their own against the latest and greatest sleds from the OEM's.

I really feel that if Yamaha ever came out with their own sled with a version of the 4 banger from the Apex either with a turbo or a NA version that they would own the top of the sledding world.

View attachment 139872 View attachment 139873
View attachment 139875 View attachment 139876

Well said!!!!

My 2013 Apex SE second year running just under 6,000 miles, sitting in a packed bar in Northern MN, a new buddy riding with the gang for the first time (1200 doo)asked me how does my sled go against the new 800 doos and cats I answered never raced them but I felt I would be able to stay with them. He stands up on his chair and hollers out "this Yamaha guy says he can take all the 800 in the room". I looked at him and said I didn't say that. He smiles at me and say's your up now. As I had almost 6000 on my belt I quickly changed to my nicely broken in new belt and lined up. One guy started us and one guy went about a 1000 feet down to mark the finish. It seemed like the studded doo got abit ahead out of the hole but by 40MPH Mr.Apex was a seld ahead and the finishing guy claimed 3 to 4 lengths at the finish. We had about 60 miles to go to our overnight lodge and my ear lobes were hurting from my smile. When we walked in to go have dinner the guy who instigated the race turned to me and said I'm buying your dinner and wine tonight, I said why would you do that, he said I'm the only one who bet on the Apex we have 250 dollars to spend tonight. I smiled the smile only APEX riders can have... all is good.

My 2013 Apex SE second year running just under 6,000 miles, sitting in a packed bar in Northern MN, a new buddy riding with the gang for the first time (1200 doo)asked me how does my sled go against the new 800 doos and cats I answered never raced them but I felt I would be able to stay with them. He stands up on his chair and hollers out "this Yamaha guy says he can take all the 800 in the room". I looked at him and said I didn't say that. He smiles at me and say's your up now. As I had almost 6000 on my belt I quickly changed to my nicely broken in new belt and lined up. One guy started us and one guy went about a 1000 feet down to mark the finish. It seemed like the studded doo got abit ahead out of the hole but by 40MPH Mr.Apex was a seld ahead and the finishing guy claimed 3 to 4 lengths at the finish. We had about 60 miles to go to our overnight lodge and my ear lobes were hurting from my smile. When we walked in to go have dinner the guy who instigated the race turned to me and said I'm buying your dinner and wine tonight, I said why would you do that, he said I'm the only one who bet on the Apex we have 250 dollars to spend tonight. I smiled the smile only APEX riders can have... all is good.
Freaking epic !

LOL!

This story immediately brings to mind the Bar scene in the original Star Wars movie!

Back