• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Low boost psi and intercooler?

olivia317

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 FX Nytro XTX SC
Finally got to test and tune my Nytro after installing MPI's Stage 1 supercharger kit. Quickly discovered my factory pump will not keep up so I need to upgrade the pump. I have a trip planned next week to Michigan and won't be able to get the upgrade done in time. My question is, can I put the 180 kit pulleys back on, lower the boost to 5-6 psi, and not remove anything else. Will I create any drivability issues? Don't want to remove the intercooler if I don't have to.

Finally got to test and tune my Nytro after installing MPI's Stage 1 supercharger kit. Quickly discovered my factory pump will not keep up so I need to upgrade the pump. I have a trip planned next week to Michigan and won't be able to get the upgrade done in time. My question is, can I put the 180 kit pulleys back on, lower the boost to 5-6 psi, and not remove anything else. Will I create any drivability issues? Don't want to remove the intercooler if I don't have to.

That would work. Might be a little heavy on the clutching if you updated that but for trail riding it wont hurt anything. You will also have to readjust fuel to meet the new boost number when you put it back to low boost.

The boost pressure is 11 psi. Don't remember the pulley sizes. I'm in central Minnesota with about 1400 ft elevation.

Never mind, had pulleys mixed up. Need a 27T or 28T bottom pulley. Top and bottom pulleys are not interchangeable.

Last edited:

Back