• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Marginal snow kit.

Warp

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Attak
Does anyone have any Picture of the install of the marginal snow kit?On my 2006 Attak on the rear there is three bolts on the rail ,can I remove one of them and put the wheel there rather than having to drill my rail? Thanks

I checked into it and found it was easier to just order the kit yamaha made for the '06-'07 attak. I don't have a picture but this is where I bought mine from and it was the cheapest. $66 shipped. It uses two of the bolt holes in the center of the rail to be mounted on the outside. I'm not sure of the clearances if you mounted it on the inside but it might work. It uses the 3-3/8" (?) size wheels. It also looks to be somewhat adjustable to move it forward or backward if needed. Hope this helps. If you are also looking to put a kit up front, wahl bros makes a simple one that mounts on the inside at the bend in between the rails for $43. You may have to shorten the width (grind off each end) of it about an 1/8" to get it to fit inside but it works great and it's pretty reasonably priced. After mounting these my track is much more friction free. Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... K:MEWNX:IT

fireman1069 said:
I checked into it and found it was easier to just order the kit yamaha made for the '06-'07 attak. I don't have a picture but this is where I bought mine from and it was the cheapest. $66 shipped. It uses two of the bolt holes in the center of the rail to be mounted on the outside. I'm not sure of the clearances if you mounted it on the inside but it might work. It uses the 3-3/8" (?) size wheels. It also looks to be somewhat adjustable to move it forward or backward if needed. Hope this helps. If you are also looking to put a kit up front, wahl bros makes a simple one that mounts on the inside at the bend in between the rails for $43. You may have to shorten the width (grind off each end) of it about an 1/8" to get it to fit inside but it works great and it's pretty reasonably priced. After mounting these my track is much more friction free. Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... K:MEWNX:IT
Thanks for all your help,I had the wronge kit for my Attak, but I got a call from the dealer that the new kit was in.

Could you post a picture and the Pt# once you have it installed. I've gone to two different dealers and neither kit worked. My 06 has rail stiffeners bolted on where the kit should go.

Tycho998 said:
Could you post a picture and the Pt# once you have it installed. I've gone to two different dealers and neither kit worked. My 06 has rail stiffeners bolted on where the kit should go.
What you do is get the kit with the long brackets in it and you take out two of the front bolts in your rail stiffener and fasten the wheel with longer bolts included in the kit.I will try to post the pics. tomorrow.But in the mean time here is a link to see the one you need.The part # SMA-8FA95-00-00 fit on the curve and part #SMA-8FT95-00-00 fits the rear. http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... +wheel+kit

2007warrenp said:
Tycho998 said:
What you do is get the kit with the long brackets in it and you take out two of the front bolts in your rail stiffener and fasten the wheel with longer bolts included in the kit.I will try to post the pics. tomorrow.But in the mean time here is a link to see the one you need.The part # SMA-8FA95-00-00 fit on the curve and part #SMA-8FT95-00-00 fits the rear. http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... +wheel+kit

I just checked with the Yamy dealer and he said the first part #was for an Apex and the second for an Attak, both to be installed in the front position at the curve. Any info on this because I want to install some in the front and the middle of my 07 Attak GT.

The SMA-8FT95-00-00 is the rear for the 06-07 Attak. It comes with the mounts for the rails.

Click on the link above to see the pic.

Not sure if the rail kit at the curve are different for the Apex and Attak.

Yamaha does not offer wheels for the front of the rails that I know of. Jerry from Fix powersports sells a kit that you have to drill holes in the rails (that voids the factory warrenty) with 3 wheels at the curve.

camoman said:
If I was running 135mm Doo wheels would I use 135mm Doo wheels instead of the ones that come in the pack?

Never mind I bought the marginal Snow kit last night and realized it has small boggies.

If I am running the 135mm doo wheels will the marginal snow kit still come into play and help with slider ware?

As I mentioned in a previous post on this topic the kit with the straps did not work for my 2010 ltx gt. I was able to mout the kit without the straps up front, I've ordered another of the same for the back as it'll line up and all I have to do to mount it on the back is enlarge one hole very slightly. Even if the kit with the straps had of lined up on my sled, with it together the bottom of the wheel would have been sitting a bit too high to even make contact with the track, I'd say close to a 1/4" away.

Back