• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mc-xpress 2004 turbo kit

ken_climb

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Heres a couple pics of mc's new rear mount turbo kit.They're sending mine out this week,am I ex...cite...d?!!

Attachments

• 04 mc turbo.jpg
    04 mc turbo.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 1,646
  • 04 mc xpress turbo.jpg
    04 mc xpress turbo.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 1,658

New McXpress kit

I assume you are getting this direct from Sweden? How much is the new kit?

30,000 sec or $4000 US OR $5200 cdn .they claim 230-240 hp on pump gas.or approx 300 hp with race fuel or low compression pistons

230 to 240 HP?

At what boost are they making 230 to 240 HP? On pump gas? Does the kit include a new head gasket?

What kind of turbo are they using in these new kits? Is it plain bearing or ball bearing, european or domestic?

They said the kit comes with a thicker head gasket.All i know about the turbo is that its a little bigger then last years version and i think its a mitsubishi.

If it interests you, I distribute the Mcxpress turbo's and when I do an install in our shop or sell them for customer installs, I offer a custom made head gasket that is approximately double the stock gasket thickness and the center layer of this gasket is slightly thicker directly around the bore to act like a stainless steel o-ring with a copper gasket does on o-ringed mega compression engines.

www.easterncycleperf.com is my company website and has all the contact information there. If you are going to do this, you might as well do it right and not double up the stock gasket like McXpress suggests.

Freddie

Head Gasket

Freddie is right. on't stack 2 stock head gaskets(6 layers). I used the gasket he is describing. I still would be concerned about getting 240 hp on pump gas. I would think anything over 10 #'s of boost is going to want better fuel, unless you are changing the pistons.

Thanks I'll keep that gasket in mind .On my fax they sent they wrote 130 -140-hp on pump gas at 7#but on the phone I'm sure he said at 10#.Iguess i'll just have to wait and see.

I guess my question is if you are pressurizing the carbs to 10 #'s what difference does it make which turbo you are using? The only difference I can see is a little lag with the rear turbo because of the distance. I know the first kit makes 218 hp at 10 #'s. I believe Bender's makes 220 at 10 #'s. The difference there could be the dyno. I would like to see more info on this new version.

compression

I don't believe they do. But they want you to use race fuel with the stage 2 kit(220 hp). MXZ900 could answer this.

No Bender kit doesn't lower the compression. Power at 8lb. is 220, a blend of 100 octane with pump premium is recommended at that level. Although there were several RX1's last winter running around with 8++lb. on pump fuel, no probs.

Back