• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mechanical Power Steering for Sidewinder - BTX & XTX "bone spindle" kits now available

What setting are you running on the kit?

• Front

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Middle

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Rear (easiest steering)

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

And an incredible wife that will ride 300+ miles.....unheard of. I just did 4 days of 2-300 miles Ana sure my wife would NEVER. Even consider it. You are a lucky man.
I have known Travis for a few years now. He is always looking to improve on good making it better. My wife and I ride as much as we can when we can, I was diagnosed with colon cancer stage 4 almost 5 yrs ago at the age of 31 and it has came back in my liver then lungs then back in colon and liver over the last four years with 5 different surgeries and 30 radition treatment and about a year and half on iv cemo the latest was in sept.this past year. Trail conditions come and go, we try to plan but somethings you cant plan for. Travis has brought a great product to market here and it does work as described and helps guys like myself get more time on the trails. Keep up the good work

Way back at this post, you hinted about MPS for other models. Any news on that front? My MP would certainly need it and someone else has mentioned high steering effort. And since mine will need outer tie rods, I would rather put the money towards this instead.

Way back at this post, you hinted about MPS for other models. Any news on that front? My MP would certainly need it and someone else has mentioned high steering effort. And since mine will need outer tie rods, I would rather put the money towards this instead.

I think he had the one for the delta chassis on his web site.

I am testing kits on delta box and the FX nytro. The venture MP lite uses a wider spindle than the phazer even, so would take a specific kit

True, forgot about that difference. I`ll see what the Nytro kit looks like.

Can someone explain to me how much effect the Apex Powersteering has at speeds over 30mph? Just asking since buddy with Apexes both with and without cant tell the difference when going faster than that.
The higher the speed the less assistance from the power steering.

The higher the speed the less assistance from the power steering.

Yep no need for power steering at speed its when you get on the brakes a bit coming into a corner and try to turn and the increase in ski pressure causes the bars to feel like they are locked in a vise! Power steering opens the vice and voila you turn easy peasy! As speed increases the assistance decreases, when my EPS tripped out for whatever reason as high as 40 50mph I could feel increased turning resistance! In other words I could tell my EPS was not working, I could still turn and handling did not change but steering effort went way up! When it came back I could tell even at higher speeds!

EPS also greatly reduces the constant jarring felt in the handlebars on a Non EPS sled. I noticed after a long day on the trails I did not feel nearly as tired in the arms and shoulders. It is a hard thing to explain but it definitely works.

This product was big success last season. I told many people over the phone that if they bought the kit and were not happy they could send it back. I have yet to have someone install and send it back. The kit just simply works.

For this season I'm going to try and equip some of the bigger Yamaha dealers in popular snow areas with a kit to put on their demo sled. This will give people the opportunity to test it first hand. I have not had much time to pursue this yet, but I did send a kit to Kip at Pat's Motorsports last week. I've also been in contact with Jackman powersports in Maine, and Port Yamaha in Wisconsin.

If anyone knows of any dealers that would be interested in a demo set don't hesitate to contact me.

I would call Rusty at Hauck Powersports in Rice Lake, WI

The guys over at F&S are pretty good at pushing aftermarket products that work. They don't have demo sleds but Andy does ride a good bit. I'm betting if you send him one to try he could get you some sales.

Back