• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Michigan DNR conservation officers to enhance snowmobile noise enforcement this winter

as of right now they are not testing the 4-strokes due to burning up their belts during testing.. i recieved my ticket. my 97 polaris ultra stock pipes with dg stinger can. tested at an average of 96.8 decibles. i just purchased a stock can off ebay and will throw that dg one for sale. now that i am older i dont care for the noise anymore and completely agree with the law

Hey Jake, yeah....sucked that they got you.

If you have stock muffler you will not get messed with.

Sorry to say, but a guy on FB was just biotching aout him getting a ticket and he has stock exhaust. The DNR told him to get it checked out by his dealer as it's too loud and does not pass. Posted on Artic Cat trail riders on FB.

Sorry to say, but a guy on FB was just biotching aout him getting a ticket and he has stock exhaust. The DNR told him to get it checked out by his dealer as it's too loud and does not pass. Posted on Artic Cat trail riders on FB.

An Arctic cat what? That would suck ! But if its stock and untouched , then what ? What do you do ?

An Arctic cat what? That would suck ! But if its stock and untouched , then what ? What do you do ?

Well, nothing lasts forever and just because it's stock doesn't mean it can't break or exhaust donuts won't go out. If it is too loud, then they have to have something done about it.

Don't know what sled they got busted on for being stock.

I totally understand that.But if it's not broke ? That sled must of been leaking ,something going on to get a ticket .

Going to have to check mine with the "four stroke" test, mine passes the 4000 rpm 2 stroke test but isn't much quieter at 2500rpm so I think I would fail that one, 6db is 4 times quieter and seems a bit absurd. I'm not even sure the stock muffler would pass that one on my sled, Phazer is louder near idle than at midrange.

I was in the western UP over the weekend... Lots of DNR... Mostly watching for people rolling thru stops... One in our group got one on 8 near Bruce's Crossing... Also posted up on 3 north of Mass City... On trail 107 north of Watersmeet... Had another group stopped south of Rockland... Never seen so many in Da UP!!!!

I was in the western UP over the weekend... Lots of DNR... Mostly watching for people rolling thru stops... One in our group got one on 8 near Bruce's Crossing... Also posted up on 3 north of Mass City... On trail 107 north of Watersmeet... Had another group stopped south of Rockland... Never seen so many in Da UP!!!!

Maybe more people are blowing signs?

One of Friends got hit by a truck up in shingleton 2 weeks ago ... Died on his way to the hospital .. We are not sure what Mike was doing .. Special thanks to Rock for taking my friends back ..

Rip - Mike Orlando

Maybe more people are blowing signs?

One of Friends got hit by a truck up in shingleton 2 weeks ago ... Died on his way to the hospital .. We are not sure what Mike was doing .. Special thanks to Rock for taking my friends back ..

Rip - Mike Orlando

RIP Mike Orlando

Our group was at the restaurant in Shingleton when this happened...

No-one will truly know what happened tomanytoyz.... end of story is a good man is gone.

Rock is a great guy and we talked about everything when he got back.

The DNR must have picked last weekend to be out on all trails cause man, there were so many.

I watched a guy take his last breathe. Came upon their group. He missed a curve and hit a tree with his wife riding on a 2up sled. She was screaming at him "please don't die!" while resuscitation efforts were underway. I helped carry him (since deceased) to the ambulance, then broke down and cried like a baby for 15 minutes.

Her screams echo in my mind and will haunt me forever.

It's all fun and games until it happens to you.

Last edited:

Back