• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mono shock information….Does anyone have??

JD

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Venture TF-LE
A buddy of mine who is rebuilding my FOX shocks….just got his first shock from the new Mono shock skid. Does anyone have the rebuild procedure or any kind of a service sheet on this new shock that I can pass on to him??? Thanks…JD

I went to Dr. Smoothride in Mass. He rebuilt and changed the oil in mine. He also changed the number one valve washer to stiffen up compression. It is a noticeable improvement.

GW

Anybody!!!!

Come on now....someone must have the rebuild information for the new (mono) shock!!!! :D

Oh sure there are 10-20 guys that may have the info. But they may not give it out because they make money rebuilding shocks. I say this because I havent seen a "how to" on rebuilding them anywhere.

Any good shock guy can rebuild the shock. Experience is the key. Every Monoshock owner should be rebuilding after 1000 miles. The oil was pretty gross.

As for re-valving, that is the trick. Hopefully, someone will come out with a progressive spring next year.

GW

Man I have been calling all over the last 2 days and nobody knows anything on rebuilding the stock mono-shock. What weight oil do they use? what's the nitrogen pressure? piston depth? Did oswald act alone? I'm going nuts here. Need help also. please. Is the info in the service manual? :die :o| :drink:

Who? What? Rebuild mono shock after 1000mi, I don't remember reading that in owners manual????????????????????? That means I should be thinkin' bout my 3'rd rebuild??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't even given one a thought yet???????????

Re - 1000 mile shock work...

I can tell you that the oil in my shock was junk when he changed mine.

When we were snocross racing, we would rebuild every two weekends, but that is a lot more stress.

Still, when you think of the work that a single shock does, you can't expect that oil to not be changed and the gas re-charged at least once per season.

I am in Canada borrowing a computer, so I don't have any more time, but I will post some more info when I return Sunday.

GW

Allright I just tore mine apart last night @ a friends shop and changed the oil and recharged w/nitrogen. My sled has over 2000 miles on it. The oil was fugly. The stock charge of nitrogen is supposed to be 285psi and mine was @ 270 before I serviced. Now that I have seen it done and have seen all the internals I am going to look into spending a few dollars and buy the stuff to service my own shocks.

Re: Shock specs

Shootinstick said:
Superman,

Since you rebuilt yours, I assume you found some specs. Care to share your findings?

Yes sir, this info comes from Troy @ donahue somewhere in Wisconson.
Ski-doo shock oil-HPG-TA-SHOCK 293600035
mono-shock
Gas pressure- 285psi (I took mine to 300.)
piston depth- 188mm

Front shocks
Gas pressure- 150psi
piston depth- 177mm

I did not use the oil that troy recommended. I used Kayaba enzo. The ski-doo stuff was not available in Gaylord last night and I'm riding this weekend so I couldn't wait. I have the skid back together and just jumping on it a few times in the shop it feels alittle stiffer. I do not know anything about working on shocks other than what I did last night to mine. I'll ride it tomorrow and post what I think of the oil change. ;)!

Back