• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Turbo Viper ongoing Review.....

My mpi kit from Yamaha is currently on back order, but when it comes in I will definitely be ready to put it on immediately. Does the kit come with a pretty good set of installation instructions, and is there anything I will need to get that the kit itself does not come with?

My mpi kit from Yamaha is currently on back order, but when it comes in I will definitely be ready to put it on immediately. Does the kit come with a pretty good set of installation instructions, and is there anything I will need to get that the kit itself does not come with?

Just start working the arm muscles cuz you'll need them!

Yes they are good now... leave yourself an entire weekend to get it installed if you have never done one before.

Matt, whats all the talk about Yamaha testing new clutch setup now with MPI ? Do we need them reworked? I could care less about top end speed so will the stock clutch work? When we spoke a few months ago you stated nothing needs to be done, maybe something has changed?

Matt, whats all the talk about Yamaha testing new clutch setup now with MPI ? Do we need them reworked? I could care less about top end speed so will the stock clutch work? When we spoke a few months ago you stated nothing needs to be done, maybe something has changed?
Yamaha wants a clutch spec that's cost effective using as much of the stock parts as possible. That's what their working on. The stock weight could be used with some 7 gram brass rivets that we make but its a stretch. To get them most out of the turbo new weights, springs, and helix are in order. What Yamaha wants from a weight profile of a N/A doesn't always work for boost.

Yamaha wants a clutch spec that's cost effective using as much of the stock parts as possible. That's what their working on. The stock weight could be used with some 7 gram brass rivets that we make but its a stretch. To get them most out of the turbo new weights, springs, and helix are in order. What Yamaha wants from a weight profile of a N/A doesn't always work for boost.

Just out of curiousity, on your boosted vipers are yous still running yamaha belts or are you going with aftermarkets?

The link worked for me, I have downloaded it and reviewed it. Its a big .pdf file so if your looking at it on a phone, might not work?? Try it from a computer, its also on MPI's new web site.

Very good directions that MPI has put together, you can tell they spent some time on it. Lots of steps but over all looks like it will be a very easy install. I'm looking forward to installing them both when the kits arrives. We got snow here and are riding in the mean time... hurry Matt..

The link worked for me, I have downloaded it and reviewed it. Its a big .pdf file so if your looking at it on a phone, might not work?? Try it from a computer, its also on MPI's new web site.

Very good directions that MPI has put together, you can tell they spent some time on it. Lots of steps but over all looks like it will be a very easy install. I'm looking forward to installing them both when the kits arrives. We got snow here and are riding in the mean time... hurry Matt..

Thats a PDF download... its not going open and download on a phone.

Just read the pdf. (It worked on my phone) looks like some good instructions! Does the GEMS controller come preset up? Or does that require setup by the user? If so, that part of the instructions are pretty vague/not there..

Just read the pdf. (It worked on my phone) looks like some good instructions! Does the GEMS controller come preset up? Or does that require setup by the user? If so, that part of the instructions are pretty vague/not there..
The GEMS is pre-set.

Back