• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Turbo Viper ongoing Review.....

I try to keep notes of other people's settings to see how mine compare. Last I seen I believe yours were
Green:3
Yellow:4
Red:3
Green blue:4

Is that where you've had yours set?

Yes that's correct...I have not check them in sometime but I will double check tomorrow in the AM... going riding in Iron Mountain MI.

Mr. Sled what would you say is your top speed on average on groomed trail? What do you get for mpg's? How would you rate reliability out of 5 if you were to use this sled for big mile riding?

Mr. Sled what would you say is your top speed on average on groomed trail? What do you get for mpg's? How would you rate reliability out of 5 if you were to use this sled for big mile riding?

45 mph on groomed trail thru woods.. as far as top cruising speed... it runs good in the mid 90s, It will go well over 100mph but I don't see the need when it cruises nice in the 90s. It gets 12 to 14 mpg, I have seen as good as 17 at low boost. I would rate it as a 5 being very reliable. I have had no issues.

I changed the gearing on my ltx from 24/50 to 21/41, the last couple hundred trail miles have been at only 4 pounds, it'll hit 100 mph on any trail I've been on so far, and if trails are smooth enough to go this fast it'll hold steady at 65-70 mph and literally only be at 1/4 throttle making like 1 pound of boost..hit wot and it'll carry the skis the whole time til you let off. I've put 800 miles on the turbo, 3100 miles total on the sled and haven't had any real turbo related issues other than boost and fuel adjustments, which are simple to make

I changed the gearing on my ltx from 24/50 to 21/41, the last couple hundred trail miles have been at only 4 pounds, it'll hit 100 mph on any trail I've been on so far, and if trails are smooth enough to go this fast it'll hold steady at 65-70 mph and literally only be at 1/4 throttle making like 1 pound of boost..hit wot and it'll carry the skis the whole time til you let off. I've put 800 miles on the turbo, 3100 miles total on the sled and haven't had any real turbo related issues other than boost and fuel adjustments, which are simple to make

Awesome!!! I think I know what I will be doing to my LTX this summer :)

Awesome!!! I think I know what I will be doing to my LTX this summer :)

The gearing really helped the sled! Stock gearing it had all the power and speed you'd ever need on the trail, but rpm was always very high at cruising speeds, it'll cruise at 70 mph and only be turning around 6000 rpm. I'm finding more and more that I very seldom will go wot, out of corners just ease in and out of the throttle and in no time you're at 80 mph and only half throttle, it's actually way too easy to go fast lol but it makes it an awesome machine to ride!

I'm looking to switch from an 11 Apex stock. There's a few 15 left over vipers I'm going to try one in Sunday and go see the 16's in a few weeks at the show. See if I can make a decision. Gotta be turbo to match power of my Apex.

Back