• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Muffler ?

What is the advantage to a free flowing muffler? Better MPG? Quicker spool?

We have some pretty kick arse stock muffler tunes now. I'm going to stick with the stock muffler for trail riding.

It seems there is demand for a muffler with the same noise level as stock, but flows way more than stock. I know I'd be interested. Hey aftermarket guys, are you listening...?
:)

Noise isn't the only reason guys want Stock Muffler Tunes though.
In Maine you could actually put a QUIETER muffler on and still get a ticket. It must be stock.
I heard one Game Warden was measuring the outlet OD.

Noise isn't the only reason guys want Stock Muffler Tunes though.
In Maine you could actually put a QUIETER muffler on and still get a ticket. It must be stock.
I heard one Game Warden was measuring the outlet OD.
We don't have that enforced too harshly in Ontario. In Southern Ontario it's pretty much a non-issue. I was concerned about it when I headed North a month ago, so I put my stock muffler on. To my surprise most sleds we met had noise-makers on. Around Timmins it seemed most locals all had loud cans on the two-strokers.

We don't have that enforced too harshly in Ontario. In Southern Ontario it's pretty much a non-issue. I was concerned about it when I headed North a month ago, so I put my stock muffler on. To my surprise most sleds we met had noise-makers on. Around Timmins it seemed most locals all had loud cans on the two-strokers.
I live up here in northern Ontario and actually contact the opp about the muffler enforcement! They told me they are focusing on guys with obnoxious cans (mountain cans). Most 4 stroke are fairly quiet even with trail mufflers comparing to 2 stroke screamer in stock form!!
It's usually young guys riding in residential areas hammering the throttle and not being respectful of home owners

I live up here in northern Ontario and actually contact the opp about the muffler enforcement! They told me they are focusing on guys with obnoxious cans (mountain cans). Most 4 stroke are fairly quiet even with trail mufflers comparing to 2 stroke screamer in stock form!!
It's usually young guys riding in residential areas hammering the throttle and not being respectful of home owners

That's who they should be going after, but in Maine they made a line in the sand.
FLEECER had his OEM # checked on his. Good thing he put the stock wrap on.

I heard in Quebec they are starting to do the same.

Getting back to thread topic, don't forget aftermarket mufflers are packed which means they will get louder then will need to be taken apart & re-packed.
Sorry for being Captain Obvious, but this is something to consider.

I also heard Quebec is measuring the outlet diameter on Turbo sleds.

That's who they should be going after, but in Maine they made a line in the sand.

Getting back to thread topic, don't forget aftermarket mufflers are packed which means they will get louder then will need to be taken apart & re-packed.
Those wardens in Maine must have OCD

Those wardens in Maine must have OCD

Actually i hardly ever see them, but i have nothing to worry with my muff or even when they throw the Red Dye out.

They put Red Dye in the middle of the trail on a corner. If you cross, they give you a ticket. Since i ride ALL the way to the right anyways, i find it kinda fun.
One day i thought my friend ran over a squirrel. Turns out............he missed the corner. LOL

Stock Muffler at 270 hp is no joke! You can gain some hp with other muffs, then comes a slew of other issues

The Hurricane trail muffler is chambered not packed

F2414DB8-F7A2-487A-AEED-FD2F3201CEB0.jpeg

Mufflers are for sissy’s

Actually i hardly ever see them, but i have nothing to worry with my muff or even when they throw the Red Dye out.

They put Red Dye in the middle of the trail on a corner. If you cross, they give you a ticket. Since i ride ALL the way to the right anyways, i find it kinda fun.
One day i thought my friend ran over a squirrel. Turns out............he missed the corner. LOL

Stock Muffler at 270 hp is no joke! You can gain some hp with other muffs, then comes a slew of other issues[/QUOTE
This had to be in millinocket!!they used to use little Christmas trees,I've never seen this further up but always saw it around millinocket,my brother ran all of the trees over (on purpose&they were not impressed)

The Hurricane trail muffler is chambered not packed

There you go Josh. A chambered quiet muffler from where you have your bundle anyways.
What is the difference between 270 Stock Muffler tune & 270 Trail Muffler tune?

In the Matagamaon area there is a Game Warden with his own style of catching people crossing the center-line.
To be honest, i'm kinda glad he does this. Keeps people honest.
He doesn't seem to be pulling people over for mufflers though unless they are REAL loud. I'm all for this also.

Back