• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need Speed

MY 16 LTX LE has over 2,600 miles and still has not gotten more than 8600 rpms and thats with evo can and no other mods. some days barely can get 80 mph and normally is 85, but last weekend on a hard pack lake i hit 92 and still was only seeing 8600 rpms. mine has not changed since new
8600 is too low. You will see the higher speeds more often if you get it right around 9000rpm. Not saying it will be faster on top but it will get there much quicker and leave you room to go faster on top.

8600 is too low. You will see the higher speeds more often if you get it right around 9000rpm. Not saying it will be faster on top but it will get there much quicker and leave you room to go faster on top.
I know, but what I don’t get is I put the evo can on that I bought from you and rpms didn’t come up at all. Next season I think I’m gonna put a clutch kit in it, unless I buy something new and give this to the wife. Can’t have her beating me, lol

I did end up reading over 9000 rpm one day but didnt really gain any speed. My wifes has been maxing around 8750-8850 rpm. I have not swapped belts between the two yet. (Hoping for another ride this year) I will be looking for clutch parts this summer.

reading over 9000 rpm
With that RPM what was your speed? If you weren't getting really close to 100 your clutch isn't shifting out all the way or your gearing is too low. On my 16 LTX with 25/48 gearing 9,000 RPMs will be right at or just over 100. I do have a clutch kit in and machined for an 8dn and overdrive.

I know, but what I don’t get is I put the evo can on that I bought from you and rpms didn’t come up at all. Next season I think I’m gonna put a clutch kit in it, unless I buy something new and give this to the wife. Can’t have her beating me, lol
I would hold off on kit until it over revs. Is the free airbox mod too. What flash are you running?

With that RPM what was your speed? If you weren't getting really close to 100 your clutch isn't shifting out all the way or your gearing is too low. On my 16 LTX with 25/48 gearing 9,000 RPMs will be right at or just over 100. I do have a clutch kit in and machined for an 8dn and overdrive.
I have been at 9000 rpm and only 80mph many times. All depends on condition and length of run.

Everything is the way it came from the factory except for the evo can and the gates 8jp equivalent belt
I just mentioned flash since newest leans out mid and not sure what will happen with airbox mod. Rivets are cheap take some wieght out of tip.

I think I hit the 9000 rpm when I took off from the stop since when I was running WOT on ice I never saw over 8750 rpm. The 9000 RPM was on the recall function.

Made 1 last trip to the UP and have around 850 miles on it now. Crossed the lake coming in and it hit 96, I think it would have kept gaining but I was out of room. I think it just need to loosen up a little. Makes me feel a lot better. Should at least run with the wife nowLaLaLa

@mich-fish

A good clutch kit will give you a lot more than just a little more top end. Better fuel economy, better/lower engagement, less belt dust and longer belt life. And yes, the Big Venom kit does all of this.

There is a viper in our group that is running the latest flash from Yamaha, airbox mod and exhaust can. He is getting 16.5mpg riding trail.

Terry

Last time up after installing big venom kit that i bought from evo, i hit 100 mph for the first time. now this was the smoothest lake that i have been on in since owning it. i banged off the rev limiter a couple of times on takeoff, but seems to be better but still only 8700 rpms at top speed. should i be adjusting tips for more rpm's, or is that were the rpm's will settle on a long run ?

Back