• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree, where did this idea of a snow bike even get off the ground? I bet my bottom dollar that Yamaha does not produce a snow bite and if they do it's not going to be dubbed their next big thing

It is a "sidewinder"-----that's why I think it will have some kind of radical suspension. You don't gain market share by following the same path as others.

Not saying a snowbike isn't in the works but this new model is a real snowmobile. A few people have guessed the engine too while sifting through the posts.

I ran into these guys at Krupps in the UP this week that run the Team-Hi Life FB page. They were doing mostly boondocking and videoing there feats. They mention that Timberline was there and that those bikes were going places they couldn't even think of so I guess there is a place for them.

I got Rick-rolled! The sad thing is i went back 3 more times to watch it. 80's ruled!!!!

I also ride a 2007 FZ-1 bike with 150HP to wheel. The FZ-09 with an IVAN kit in it @ 120 HP is absolutely "snasty"!! Front end comes up in 3rd gear. Just like Doo's & Poo's i ride with, that have more horse-power & weigh ALOT less, i smoke them all. WHY they ask. Torque & smooth linear 4-strokeme power. Don't judge by the numbers...

2 models guys, 1. Snow bike mountain Yamaha 450 with kit supplied through AC. 2.Trail bike style, prehaps with articulated front end, perhaps not. perhaps new motor cradled in a tube chassis, maybe not. The pic you guys see of the rider in the fluff sitting upright with no windshield is the 450 w kit. The sled you see on the trail with the camera facing the rider, well you get the picture.
Don't you just love new model release's.

No more speculation...the beast is released!
Must be honest and say, that info I got is not first hand, but I think pretty legit.
My neighbour and I always do some fence-talking now and then, and a couple of days ago I found out that the brother of him, has a working collegue who´s cousins ex-wife today is married with one of the snowmobile testdrivers in Japan!!

Bingo!
With a lot of smooth-talking I finally managed to pick-up some info and a picture!

It´s a crotch rocket for the snow! Pretty radical!
4cyl N/A 184 HP!
Very strong Delta Box-frame, with engine as an integral part.
Double wishbone front suspension.
Exhaust out in front.
Lots of new, never seen tech!
As seen in pic, it comes in "Competion Orange" complete with stickers, but will of course come in "Yamaha Blue" for those who wants.
Highly addictive the testdriver himself says!
The new machine is so potent, so Yamaha has decided to do a Ferrari, and only allow people who already own a APEX, to buy this new one!

Enjoy picture below!

Attachments

• P1110805.JPG
    P1110805.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 247
Has Yamaha released the R1S that they filed patent on a while back yet ? Could it be the S stands for snow ? They filed for the names R1M and R1S at same time and from what ive read the R1S model has been kept pretty hush hush... Just snowballing here , pun intended , haha... I cant wait to see the machine that sounds sooo freaking sick , may just have a barely used 2015 Viper up for sale soon . Haha

Not saying a snowbike isn't in the works but this new model is a real snowmobile. A few people have guessed the engine too while sifting through the posts.

I ran into these guys at Krupps in the UP this week that run the Team-Hi Life FB page. They were doing mostly boondocking and videoing there feats. They mention that Timberline was there and that those bikes were going places they couldn't even think of so I guess there is a place for them.
Do you think this sled is going to be a sale success for Yamaha ?

Check out the latest edition of Snowtrax tv, Randy Swenson takes the ST crew to revelstoke to test ride some mpi Vipers and then has them try out the 2016 Yamaha YZ 450 with the Yeti 129 kit. And tell me that doesn't look like the same riding position of the guy riding the fluff in the promo vid. It's coming and so is that other surprise I keep talking about, you can all thank me later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back