• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New '22 gets POWER STEERING!

I think the sled is very reliable if you use the known fixes. I have the DMC gear, welded tensioner, BOP wedge. Those 3 products make the Sidewinder very reliable IMO. Now EPS, which I have been waiting for. I will be spring checking for sure. Keep my 18 STX-DX as a backup sled.
Well I dont like the fact that these issues are.looming on a sled I paid 14000 on with no help from dealers or yamaha..why can't I take my sled in to replace the bushing, driveshaft,roll over valve etc??they replaced a stupid reflector and the secondary roller which makes no sense other than a show for the public at the beginning..I need a new dealer near Minneapolis to take my sled too that will help me out and not argue about everything!!if anyone can help me with that it would be great!!

Last edited:
We would love to try this Winder with power steering!! My back is getting worse every year. I think less steering effort and it being more stable would actually be easier on my back!

I think Yamaha realizes that their faithful are getting older and with age we all know the aches and pains creep in. This addition of the power steering will be very welcome to us old farts that can't yank on the handlebars all day without feeling it the day after.

I think the sled is very reliable if you use the known fixes. I have the DMC gear, welded tensioner, BOP wedge. Those 3 products make the Sidewinder very reliable IMO. Now EPS, which I have been waiting for. I will be spring checking for sure. Keep my 18 STX-DX as a backup sled.
For $22000.00-$23000.00 Cdn You shouldn't have to do any of this

For $22000.00-$23000.00 Cdn You shouldn't have to do any of this

exactly! Add your accessories and ride. Unfortunately a lot of guys are adding parts instead.
My vipers have been very good to me, all 3 of them. But, I keep hearing about sidewinder problems, and I’m very hesitant about upgrading. Must be all the power that’s wearing things down quicker.

exactly! Add your accessories and ride. Unfortunately a lot of guys are adding parts instead.
My vipers have been very good to me, all 3 of them. But, I keep hearing about sidewinder problems, and I’m very hesitant about upgrading. Must be all the power that’s wearing things down quicker.[,u
If you have more than 8000 km on your viper , your drive shaft will have a problem, we have welded a bunch of them .

My vipers have been very good to me, all 3 of them. But, I keep hearing about sidewinder problems, and I’m very hesitant about upgrading. Must be all the power that’s wearing things down quicker.
Vipers still have the bushing issue as well ,better check in the off season

I'm seeing something really different on the nose, if you watch Jared he is using his left arm to cover the lower part of the nose and it kinda looks like the upper half is blocked off.

Got about 7500kms on it. LOL let’s hope I get through the season and then I plan on doing all drivetrain bearings before next season

It definitely looks like a new hood and headlight and side panels. No much different, but it's different.

Back