• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New '22 gets POWER STEERING!

I rode again today with someone on an Apex that I hadn't been out with for many years. He mentioned that he had recently drove a Winder with ecotrail tune(everything else stock) and loved everything about it except that it didn't have power steering.
Therefore, Dan is entirely correct in stating that a whole bunch of Apex holdouts(maybe even 80/20) will finally migrate to the Winder with power steering.

I had entertained buying the Cat 9000 for next year as I have a dealer less than 3 miles away and my Yamaha dealer is moving to Grand Bend which is further away. However, IF that is a Winder with power steering, I'm not sure it will be on the Cat.
I was always sorta leaning Tcat myself, mostly due to Snowmageddon pricing vs Winder pricing. My long time Yam/Doo dealer is now gone, so I may be driving to MI for next sled, cheaper pricing i found in MI then here, also MI dealer has all 4 brands.

Im beginning to think the GT Winder will be the only version(also maybe GT Viper) that gets EPS. If so, then the Tcat would not get EPS most likely. Gold graphics also scream GT to me.

Dan

Bigger windshield might be just an accessory added on to srx. I know cat like to show there new sleds in the release videos with added accessories. Maybe this is the case. Shocks are the same in video as on my ZR 9000 limited
Shocks on GT models are like these shown, qs3 manual with res oriented outward(not downward like other models). My bet is this is a GT.

Dan

I open up the chain case every year for inspection but have never looked for this bushing. I’ll check it out once winter is over. Thanks
You may want to check it sooner than later as it may leave you stranded, unless you want to drive home in reverse.
Winders that get drove hard usually don't make it to 6000kms, but I would think a Viper could do over 10000 kms on the stock bushing depending on how hard its been driven.

You may want to check it sooner than later as it may leave you stranded, unless you want to drive home in reverse.
Winders that get drove hard usually don't make it to 6000kms, but I would think a Viper could do over 10000 kms on the stock bushing depending on how hard its been driven.
I mostly just cruise. I hate beating the #*$&@ out of my equipment and toys. Never any hard takeoffs that’s forsure. Let’s hope i can finish up the season LOL.

No, all same. Just BNG on the same plastics.
If you look at the slope of the front end, and how the plastic slopes to the vent, it's different than my TCAT. Bring up a pic of a 2020 TCAT/srx and look at them.

If you look at the slope of the front end, and how the plastic slopes to the vent, it's different than my TCAT. Bring up a pic of a 2020 TCAT/srx and look at them.
I hear ya brother.....this is a YAM though.

Cat has always had a few diff styling cues in their plastics. Biggest one of note is the "wing" on either side of the window, which makes panels harder to close on Winder vs a simple closing of side panels on Cats. The front nose/grill section is also diff between the two manufacturers.

This '22 in video looks identical to all previous Winders IMO.

Dan

Ha, you're right... I was looking at my TCAT and its different. I thought they were both the same.

Who says the Genesis moniker has only been used on 4 strokes?

I guess I was CONFUSED.

BUT I'm pretty sure that was a 2019 Cat Alpha with a Yamaha wrap and peeps were claiming that there would be a 2020 Yamaha 2 stroke.

I guess I was CONFUSED.

BUT I'm pretty sure that was a 2019 Cat Alpha with a Yamaha wrap and peeps were claiming that there would be a 2020 Yamaha 2 stroke.

I know the one, this is actually my wrapped Snoscoot. Just adding fuel to this fire lol

Power steering is useless if the sled is torn down mid season for an axle, gear and caliper replacement.
Sorry for the rant. :o|
Rear axle was changed 2 years ago, top gears fine if you check it in hour preseason maintenance, and what caliper has a problem on a sidewinder?

Viper is 1049 maybe Yamaha stopped making them motors. Just a guess.

i suppose it could be a turbo charged r1 motor, but what would be the point? especially with all the extra weight? i dont see is as a significant improvement over the current triple

Back