• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Battery (boring topic HUGE weight/$ savings)

-26 c it starts

i have started my nytro in - 26 c after i have been driving for 3 hours to get were i unloading it to ride. it took several attempts but i do it back to back , turn the key just clicking turn it again and again until it starts. i strongly recomend this battery for weight saving. love it!!!

So far so good with mine ;)!
I'm really glad that I wired in a LED indicator for the heater switch though.
Yesterday was DEEP and I spent a fair amount of time rolling the sled over to get unstuck. Which would pack snow in behind the windshield and I accidently flipped the switch on a coulple of times, when I would remove the packed in snow

Bill

Mine also works pretty good.

However, anything below 0c and i have to use the heaters to get her to fire on first attempt.

-10c earlier this week, heaters on for 10 minutes and she fired up instantly.

Better bring my grip heater and a switch so I can rig up something when I'm out in MTs place. Doubt it will get cold out, but might be something to do in the evenings.

Was working on the sled today and got an idea for those really cold days…

3e9538d0.jpg

1025a029.jpg

b05dd610.jpg

Well, my ballistic is now replaced with the good old rock heavy Yuasa.

Check this out: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=987826#987826

That being said, i wont blame it all on the ballistic. Last tuesday i could not get the sled started with it,
and at last the voltage dropped to about 8.5 volts. And as the user manual states, it must not be drained below 9 volts.

Im guessing a cell failed on me.

The strange thing is that i started it on the ballistic every day after, but the sled never ran like before. Just bogged out every ride.

So be aware, do NOT drain the battery below 9 volts, or you will more than likely experience the same problems as me.

Dimebag said:

That being said, i wont blame it all on the ballistic. Last tuesday i could not get the sled started with it,
and at last the voltage dropped to about 8.5 volts. And as the user manual states, it must not be drained below 9 volts.

The strange thing is that i started it on the ballistic every day after, but the sled never ran like before. Just bogged out every ride.

So be aware, do NOT drain the battery below 9 volts, or you will more than likely experience the same problems as me.

That makes 2...

Sorry to hear yours failed as well. They are just not durable enough for machines that go to the truely remote places we take our sleds. Kinda like 2 strokes :jump: :yam: My 2 year old $60 8 lb battery is still working fine.

Dimebag said:

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents - I was chasing my tail with the lightweight Nytro dream last year. I came across a lightweight Braille battery with many of the general charactistics of the stock Nytro battery, but with some fat cut off. It weighs 6.6 Lbs. I know it's not the 1.0 Lb battery that everyone dreams about, but I have ran this battery from -20 to 50 degrees fahrenheit with not even as much as a hiccup in 2,600 miles. I've added my origional thread down below from last year along with the product detais for anyone that is interested. It is Battery P/N B106 in the Braille product list. The only issue with the Braille is that the terminals mount on the opposite sides so I had to un-due a battery cable restraint to get the cables to reach. Otherwise I have been very happy with this battery. Good Luck! ;)!

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... ht=braille

http://www.autoanything.com/electrical- ... 4A0A0.aspx

Season re-cap for me....

Did not ride much this year (weak conditions, and work) however, the ballistic (I went with the small 8 cell) performed well for me had no issues, never had a starting issue or even much of a hesitation....

It started in sub freezing weather, even after sitting still for a week....

I think the magic sauce was hit on by a few people, not letting it drain too far....

Will be interesting to keep watch on it next year...but for now it stays installed....

mtdream said:
Season re-cap for me....

Did not ride much this year (weak conditions, and work) however, the ballistic (I went with the small 8 cell) performed well for me had no issues, never had a starting issue or even much of a hesitation....

It started in sub freezing weather, even after sitting still for a week....

I think the magic sauce was hit on by a few people, not letting it drain too far....

Will be interesting to keep watch on it next year...but for now it stays installed....

Mine was not drained untill the night after my fuel controler quit working due to a lack of voltage, Then got ran dead over night and left me stranded the next day. So even though as it was all hapening I did not realize the series of events, but the battery was junk before it got left on over night.

Rick, try shaking your ballistic battery. Is there something loose in there?
It is on mine. I talked to ballistic and they told me my battery had failed due to vibration.

Im not sure if thats how they are built, or if mine failed by coincidence.

Anyhow, ballistic sent me a new replacement battery free of charge.
Now thats customer service ;)!

Back