• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Camso hurricane 175 track

has anyone determine if a 1.75" track will fit on the SRX. Looking at the SRX last night at the sled show it may be a little tight?
I just installed a 1.75 on my Viper RTX. I don’t see why the SRX would be any different.

Went to the local sled show again today. The mounting bolt for the front of the rear suspension of the SRX is upwards approximately 1 " (eyeballing) compared to the sidewinder beside it. Looking under the tunnel it looks tighter too. Id say Yamaha remounted the suspension for less of a turning radius on the rail. Still curious if it will take a 1 3/4" track.

Went to the local sled show again today. The mounting bolt for the front of the rear suspension of the SRX is upwards approximately 1 " (eyeballing) compared to the sidewinder beside it. Looking under the tunnel it looks tighter too. Id say Yamaha remounted the suspension for less of a turning radius on the rail. Still curious if it will take a 1 3/4" track.
Is it higher then where mine is mounted on my LE? Would have to have a new tunnel impression to go above this area though.

thnx
Dan

IMG_2879.jpg
IMG_2878.jpg

Last edited:
Is it higher then where mine is mounted on my LE? Would have to have a new tunnel impression to go above this area though.

thnx
Dan

View attachment 142093 View attachment 142094
Yes I think there may be a new tunnel impression. We measured from the running board to the suspension bolt on both the SRX and Sidewinder with a marker and piece of paper. It appears the suspension bolt on the SRX is higher up from the running board.
I have a new back country track I was planning on installing, but now I am uncertain about this. I will decide once my SRX arrives.

Yes I think there may be a new tunnel impression. We measured from the running board to the suspension bolt on both the SRX and Sidewinder with a marker and piece of paper. It appears the suspension bolt on the SRX is higher up from the running board.
I have a new back country track I was planning on installing, but now I am uncertain about this. I will decide once my SRX arrives.
Interesting, guys better have a close look before trying to add big lug tracks to SRX. I know my 1.25 rubs the coolant runners pretty good as they are black with rubber.

I would think the rear mount bolts are also diff then mine.

Dan

I had bad luck with a 1.75” back country on my boosted apex. Torn paddles and lugs ripped right off! I don’t think it liked the extra horse power

Could have been because that track was sitting on a shelf for years and your dutch mythology was looking for the best deal on ebay,,, lol

Could have been because that track was sitting on a shelf for years and your dutch mythology was looking for the best deal on ebay,,, lol

Possibly!! But I can say I’ve never taken a set of carbides out of the garbage and sold them to some poor sap down the highway!! That is a new level of Dutch mythology! Lol

I had bad luck with a 1.75” back country on my boosted apex. Torn paddles and lugs ripped right off! I don’t think it liked the extra horse power
I got 2200 miles on mine and lugs are starting to peel as well not much option in 1.75 with everyone stating goodluck might have to try it again (930$ cdn)

Bringing this one back to see if anyone has the Hurricane and how it holds up? How are the trail manners? Can you put iGrips in it? Would I need tunnel protectors? Still haven't chosen a track for my 2020 LTX and taking a hard look at this.

Also, would I have to change the gearing? Plan to run stick tune for now.

Bringing this one back to see if anyone has the Hurricane and how it holds up? How are the trail manners? Can you put iGrips in it? Would I need tunnel protectors? Still haven't chosen a track for my 2020 LTX and taking a hard look at this.

Also, would I have to change the gearing? Plan to run stick tune for now.
Did you try this track ? If so, what are your thoughts. Thanks.

RIKMAN.....Kudos to you for pulling the trigger on the new SRX. If I was in the market for a new SW this year the SRX is the only one that I would go with for the same reasons that you've stated.

I've got the Storm 150 installed in my '17 SW LTX-LE and have the same track on my wife's '18 SW LTX-LE and I feel along with anyone who's ridden our sleds that it was a huge improvement over the stock 1.25" lug Ripsaw 2 that came on the sleds.

From your description of your riding conditions (which sound identical to where we ride) I would give the Storm 150 some serious consideration, especially on the new SRX with the lowered ride height. You should have the best of both worlds with that track unless you feel you need the extra grunt that a 1.75" lug track will give you.
How's the storm 150 holding out?i have 2300 miles on mine and it has 10 lugs ripped off, think i want to try the hurricane 1.75 seems to be lasting longer than 1 year

How's the storm 150 holding out?i have 2300 miles on mine and it has 10 lugs ripped off, think i want to try the hurricane 1.75 seems to be lasting longer than 1 year
Consider the backcountry 1.75 over the hurricane. I tried the hurricane last year and was very dissapointed. Its was much louder and howled more than the backcountry, and didnt hold up very well considering we had alot of snow. Ive used the backcountry on sleds since 2009 and never had a
complaint. Just my .02 cents, opinions may differ but tracks arent cheap so figured Id share my thoughts.

Did you try this track ? If so, what are your thoughts. Thanks.

Sorry Swampcat, I missed this. I did put the Hurricane on and quite frankly love it. For the conditions that we have here it is great. I have not put any iGrips in as so far I haven't felt the need. I have not noticed the increased noise that Justinator mentions but that might be just me. There is no damage at all after a season although I did not get that many miles on it.

Consider the backcountry 1.75 over the hurricane. I tried the hurricane last year and was very dissapointed. Its was much louder and howled more than the backcountry, and didnt hold up very well considering we had alot of snow. Ive used the backcountry on sleds since 2009 and never had a
complaint. Just my .02 cents, opinions may differ but tracks arent cheap so figured Id share my thoughts.
Thanks for the reply, so the back country doesn' t howl, is a 1.75 ok on the trails or should i stick to a 1.5" mostly trail ride but would like to hit the powder once and a while, im impressed with the storm 150 but it just keeps peeling lugs off

You could try it and if you found it to be to much lug or noise just cut the lugs down to 1.5

Back