• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Ecu flash for Yamaha Viper/Arctic cats 7000 w/POLL

Your experience with the December 2018 Viper ecu update

• Total voters

the more I read this thread, the more I get confused. So I'm guessing the new 2020 flash was available last season and some had issues with it? Was kind of hoping some Japanese nerd flew to Thief River Falls to do some magic once and for all on this 6 year old Viper debate. Heck I would pay for the flight to see this done!

Dan

My sled has never ran as bad as the last flash has made it.I wish I could get the old flash back.Its terrible and my friends Viper is the same.

And that’s exactly why I won’t get mine reflashed. It just doesn’t ever run that bad that I would risk it being worse. It seems like every update has a few people that love it and just as many that don’t so I’ll stick with what I have since I know exactly what to expect from it.

It’s inconsistancy that has been plaguing these flashes all along. In my opinion this is the best one yet but that’s only on the two I ride with and two start try’s and random stall are a issue but no kickbacks.

It’s inconsistancy that has been plaguing these flashes all along. In my opinion this is the best one yet but that’s only on the two I ride with and two start try’s and random stall are a issue but no kickbacks.

Yes that seems to be the best word to describe the tunes put forth so far.

On my sled the flash before the last one was absolutely terrible. Poor starting cold or warm. Did not inspire confidence in the sled at all.

Last winter however it ran the best overall with the latest flash.

With the latest flash my sled sounds terrible when fist started cold.I noticed it right away when i picked it up from the dealer but there are times now where im not sure how many attemps it is going to take to start when warm.,if it doesnt start on the first try it may take 6-10 attempts to start and my friend has the same issue as me but it doesnt happen to his as often.I find the sled runs a little hotter now as well.

I had no problems before flash , or after updated flash... Only did updated because was told if a serious issue would come up, then I would not be covered

I had no problems before flash , or after updated flash... Only did updated because was told if a serious issue would come up, then I would not be covered
Were you told that by your dealer? I just did it so I wouldnt have a failure of starter gear from kickback.

Were you told that by your dealer? I just did it so I wouldnt have a failure of starter gear from kickback.
First, make sure we are on same page, are we referring to Flash from Last year or is there now another.. looking back on this thread , I am bit confused regarding that ..

With that said, regarding flash I got last season, I got the information here , about that fact you better do it or if there is damage related to known flash issue, you will not be covered.

Dealer Confirmed that I was not up to-date with my flashes, but regarding the comment about not being covered I was told that here... thanks Charlie

There is no new flash. 18 flash is the newest. As for warranty denial it’s possible if you brought your sled to dealer previously and refused flash since all sleds being serviced or at dealer were supposed to get it. Now if you never brought it in for service before failure probably could not be denied since you were never notified officially. I am happy I have it. It’s pretty obvious it does prevent kickbacks.

I've seen a marked improvement in mine with every revised flash. With the latest one, my sleds starting characteristics have improved to the point where I think it's quite acceptable. The odd time it needs a second key turn when it is at operating temperature but other than that it's fine. It does seem odd that it doesn't work for everyone's sleds the same.

Back