• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW experiment

Studroes144 said:
Will us 2014 viper guys ever hear of any update regarding this? I'd say lack of transfer is a main complaint of a lot of people

Give it a try, its a free test. Just drill two holes and move the lower skid shock mount forward. Don't like it move it back.

Ok so just looked at my center shock (ltx se) and it is mounted in front of the front wheels in the exact spot you drilled your new holes so the new 2015 sleds prolly aren't changed at all. I guess the xtx and ltx are enough different that this may not work on all models. If I was to drill a new hole roughly in inch ahead there would only be maybe 1/2 inch of solid rail left before it went to the slots so that's a no go on the ltx atleast. Let's just hope the softer shocks are the big ticket to added weight transfer

Stingray when you say the rail angles are changed and the mounting holes are similar I hope you mean similar to your change or did you mean similar to 2014?

Thanks

yamadoo said:
Stingray when you say the rail angles are changed and the mounting holes are similar I hope you mean similar to your change or did you mean similar to 2014?

Thanks

Yes the new rail is supposed to have the skid shock forward like my mod. Not sure on the rail angle though.

Studroes144 said:
Have any of the short track guys had a chance to compare their rtx vipers to the cat f series procross sleds? I've heard different opinions from the rtx guys..some say too much transfer some say not enough..I think it's safe to say that all the ltx guys want a little more transfer. My opinion is that with the sled when set with everything on full transfer it should pull the front end a lot more than it does. I have straps all the way loose and transfer blocks removed and you can tell there are certain times it doesn't want to transfer. Even on a hard launch it will occasionally hook hard but then spin out. Would be nice to get a lot more transfer so that I could limit how much transfer there actually is with the blocks rather than taking them out to try and get any type of hook-up. Might just give this a try sometime and see..a lot of rain in the forecast here so may hafta wait til next year lol

Looking at pics, the RTX has the front skid shock ahead of the idlers already.

Zoom function on Yams site gets you a nice view. The RTX LE shares the shocks with the Cat RR, but the Cat has an extra pr of skid wheels outside of the rails.

Odd side effect, I am now hitting the rev limiter! I can only guess less pressure on the skis is allowing me to go faster. I was at 8800 now hitting the limiter on same snow. Now I am going to add 3 gram rivet to weights as our Viper seems to drop off torque pretty quickly after 8800 (altitude?)

The slide action keeps the track flat and planted under acceleration which is great because you don't get a lot of front end lift but it's the stiff shocks that cause a big lack of weight transfer. The slide action is an a aweome feature when the shocks are working right

I got custom axis from hygear installed on my ltx and theres no transfer on sled even with transfer blocks out too. There's has to be fix nytro xtx lifts the ski why this sled can't. Now I really regret buying ltx shouldve bought rtx

Nytro is 100% different than the viper obviously. The slide action is some pretty advanced tech in snowmobile suspension..I know my viper won't stand on end and transfer back like a nytro or other style sleds do but on that same note mine launches awesome and is always out in front of the other sleds. Don't let too much transfer fool u into thinking you're going fast just cuz the front end is in the air. If that's the type of riding desired than the xtx viper is more than likely the sled of choice

the bar where you slide the skid in is allready bent how more advance cant it get?

Back