• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW experiment

YamahaTim said:
stingray719 said:
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Front is light yet still maintains that glued to the ground feeling. Couldn't be happier with it now.

That's awesome!! Good to hear!! :Rockon:

Right on bud!!!!

Is this essentially compressing the center shock more? Pictures of your new holes would be great as I can't quite visualize where your new holes are..my biggest concern would be wasting some of the shock travel but maybe that isn't the case. Pics would be great! Maybe the ltx is too much different than the xtx but may be worth a shot

Studroes144 said:
Is this essentially compressing the center shock more? Pictures of your new holes would be great as I can't quite visualize where your new holes are..my biggest concern would be wasting some of the shock travel but maybe that isn't the case. Pics would be great! Maybe the ltx is too much different than the xtx but may be worth a shot

This mod may help short tracks or may not, please tell me if it does. This mod on a short track would give better transfer but might make front too light.

You probably also noticed the shock spring is set on softest setting.

Attachments

• mounting.jpg
    mounting.jpg
    655.8 KB · Views: 315
Studroes144 said:
I'm not looking at my sled right now and can't remember where the wheels are positioned..you basically just moved the shock roughly 1 inch close to the front of the skid?

Moved it the same distance in front of the wheel as it was behind the wheel.

TD Max said:
Just for clarification, the M8 is the mountain sled long track uncoupled?

Yes, 2014 M8 is the same skid as the 2014 Viper except length and front shock position. I long tracked mine and the lack of transfer I had from short track was worse after long tracking, ergo the skid shock relocation.

Have any of the short track guys had a chance to compare their rtx vipers to the cat f series procross sleds? I've heard different opinions from the rtx guys..some say too much transfer some say not enough..I think it's safe to say that all the ltx guys want a little more transfer. My opinion is that with the sled when set with everything on full transfer it should pull the front end a lot more than it does. I have straps all the way loose and transfer blocks removed and you can tell there are certain times it doesn't want to transfer. Even on a hard launch it will occasionally hook hard but then spin out. Would be nice to get a lot more transfer so that I could limit how much transfer there actually is with the blocks rather than taking them out to try and get any type of hook-up. Might just give this a try sometime and see..a lot of rain in the forecast here so may hafta wait til next year lol

Studroes144 said:
Have any of the short track guys had a chance to compare their rtx vipers to the cat f series procross sleds? I've heard different opinions from the rtx guys..some say too much transfer some say not enough..I think it's safe to say that all the ltx guys want a little more transfer. My opinion is that with the sled when set with everything on full transfer it should pull the front end a lot more than it does. I have straps all the way loose and transfer blocks removed and you can tell there are certain times it doesn't want to transfer. Even on a hard launch it will occasionally hook hard but then spin out. Would be nice to get a lot more transfer so that I could limit how much transfer there actually is with the blocks rather than taking them out to try and get any type of hook-up. Might just give this a try sometime and see..a lot of rain in the forecast here so may hafta wait til next year lol

This mod certainly created ALOT of transfer. But it was manageable with air in rear shock.

14 cat f and viper Rtx rails are exactly the same. 12 f rails are different. Rear scissor is in different spot and skid is mounted in tunnel further back. I liked the way the 12' s worked. They had some sag in rear.

cannondale27 said:
14 cat f and viper Rtx rails are exactly the same. 12 f rails are different. Rear scissor is in different spot and skid is mounted in tunnel further back. I liked the way the 12' s worked. They had some sag in rear.

Any idea why they changed the rails and placement of the skid? I too have ridden a 12' f800..not a lot but enough to know that it rode pretty good..it was a sno pro so a bit on the stiff side still but you could feel the suspension working.

12's had a 128" track. That explains why skid was moved back for 129" not sure why scissor was moved.

I can see this working on the shorty sleds as you can have as much transfer as you want or keep the limiter straps pulled in for less transfer.

Way to go buddy! You did it again!

I'm not going to do it on the XTX, it transfers plenty right now and I have my limiter straps on the middle hole.

As I went to inform some of the vendors of what I did it was brought to my attention that the 2015s will have a skid with slightly diff rail angles and the skid shock in a very similar location. Sounds good to me if thats what is coming and makes it to production.

Back