• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No spark 04 Rx Warrior.... lost what to look 4

Chris Hammer

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Rx Warrior 1000 cc LE 2004
Hey guys, got a 04 Rx Warrior. Just replaced the stator and pick-up on my sled. Before that I had the sled running in the winter but was blowing the main 10 amp ing fuse. Now, after putting it all together, I have 0 spark? I tried all 4 ignition coils and checked plugs. I also just replaced the starter solenoid right from the dealership.
There are 2 30 amp green fuses, I have 12 volts on the "+" side but nothing on the "-" side....not sure if there should be or not? (on the starter solenoid)

I think this has to be a simple fix. I checked the resistance on the stop button switch and 2 of the 4 wires are good, 0.00 ohms, on the other 2, moving the switch up and down gives me nothing.

Any help would be great. I have put a lot of money into this since it got hot earlier this winter.

Hey guys, got a 04 Rx Warrior. Just replaced the stator and pick-up on my sled. Before that I had the sled running in the winter but was blowing the main 10 amp ing fuse. Now, after putting it all together, I have 0 spark? I tried all 4 ignition coils and checked plugs. I also just replaced the starter solenoid right from the dealership.
There are 2 30 amp green fuses, I have 12 volts on the "+" side but nothing on the "-" side....not sure if there should be or not? (on the starter solenoid)

I think this has to be a simple fix. I checked the resistance on the stop button switch and 2 of the 4 wires are good, 0.00 ohms, on the other 2, moving the switch up and down gives me nothing.

Any help would be great. I have put a lot of money into this since it got hot earlier this winter.
Did you use an OEM stator and pick up, or aftermarket? Have heard of quality issues with the aftermarket part.

Hi 03RX1-ER-LE, it was from Kimpex which is made in Quebec Canada, it was $ 180 CND, probably made in China like the rest of them!
As far as I know, there were no problems with this stator though I will contact the person I got it from. Still seems weird, I drove it into my shop when we had snow, now nothing...Do you think the new stator or pick-up is a dud? There is only one way it can go into the casing when I put it in.

Did you check stator& pickup coil output with multimeter?did you use oem or aftermarket parts?

The trigger is used for spark. When I had a no spark concern on my 03 RX1 all I replaced was the trigger with a Yamaha one and it fixed my no spark concern.
Others on here have had issues with aftermarket IGN parts for what it is worth.

the trigger coil wires are known to come backwards in aftermarket stators vs oe. most guys just re pin the plug and it is gtg.

the trigger coil wires are known to come backwards in aftermarket stators vs oe. most guys just re pin the plug and it is gtg.
Forgot about that, having another senior moment

The trigger is used for spark. When I had a no spark concern on my 03 RX1 all I replaced was the trigger with a Yamaha one and it fixed my no spark concern.
Others on here have had issues with aftermarket IGN parts for what it is worth.

What do you mean by trigger? The pick up you mean?

Thanks, so just reverse the 2 wires for the pick-up aka trigger coil? Trying to see what you guys mean about trigger!

Did you check stator& pickup coil output with multimeter?did you use oem or aftermarket parts?
Hi, yes set ohms at the lowest value (20) and pick up coil was at around 220 ohms, the stator it's self was reading at "0" across all three wires.

Back