• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Gauge Replacement

As far as I can tell it reads exactly the same. Idle speed and clutch engagement RPM are the same as before.
Shift-out RPMs are a little more difficult to compare, because I wear glasses and couldn't read the OEM tach numbers very well at speed.
I have no reason to suspect that it isn't correct though ;)!

Bill

Maybe I missed it but why don't the carb Rage/Vector gauges work?

STAIN said:
Maybe I missed it but why don't the carb Rage/Vector gauges work?

The older carb gauges do not have the ability to communicate with the new style EFI ECU.
The EFI gauges do not have a direct signal for RPM or vehicle speed going to them like a carb gauge does.
Instead all that information is going to the ECU, then the ECU tells the guage pod what RPM's, speed, etc are via a one wire communication line.
Basically they are computers talking to each other, similar to how a car/truck control modules talk to each other.

Bill

Bringing this back to life does anyone know if the part number for the km/h and mph are different or is it built into the gauge with a push button option? I search the part number 8HF-83500-10-00 and keep getting km/h.

The -10 part number supercedes the original -00 part number. There would have been a change to the gauge for that to happen. The -10 gauge should should be able to indicate in both mph and kph by the method you describe. That gauge would look good on a Viper.

I have a 2012 Nytro MTX and I am having problems with the original gauge. It seems that when it gets "warm" it wont show any information anymore, only backlight works. First when it is cold, it works a few minutes. Is there a known common issues with the gauges electronics (board or components)?

Edit: I bought a new USED Nytro gauge. I hope it works straight. I would like to inspect the old one's circuit board and might re-solder it. I you have knowledge of the boards schematic layout or/and layout I would appreciate the knowledge. I might try to measure functions of the board and ECU communication line with oscilloscope. IMO the gauge's housing and connector is not properly sealed and the circuit board has very little protection in relation to the conditions of use.

Edit: Got it and it seems to be working at least ignition on. I could not start and run the sled, because oil tank/reservoir is not connected (because one attachment point was cracked) and ofcourse oil is out.

It is stupid that the ECU does not have the mileage in the memory, now I have wrong mileage (less, almost half).

Last edited:

Back