• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Off-season maintenance

Good info ..this had stock Yami slides on it and they were worn down good but not toast @4400 miles , makes seince they wear quicky untill the wheels help take the weight .. hence ppl running the larger wheels .. if I hadn't just serviced all the bearings on the skid I would get larger wheels but maybe next time the skid needs service I'll try them , so from what I've read , with new slides run them for short bits and then park in snow at first , to wear them in so they don't melt to the track?

on any sled when I install new slides I try and run them on hard frozen trail with no lube available to get them good and hot at least until I can smell them and then dive into the powder to cool them quickly. Now I have been told that will temper them and make them last longer. I have no clue if that is true but hey that first few millimeters have to get burned off at some point either way right?

on any sled when I install new slides I try and run them on hard frozen trail with no lube available to get them good and hot at least until I can smell them and then dive into the powder to cool them quickly. Now I have been told that will temper them and make them last longer. I have no clue if that is true but hey that first few millimeters have to get burned off at some point either way right?
In Theory yes I suppose , I don't see how u can "temper" plastic .. but I agree with you burning off those first few mm, and when u get it good and hot then cool it fast it probably sets a good glaze in the plastic , like what would happen on brake rotors , but in this instance u want a shiny hard "glaze"

I've heard of guys heating the slides up with like map gas once on the skid and then quenching them .. same effect , gets that glazed hard shinny pastic ..but with these we need to loose a few mm first I guess

doing my oil change , when I drained it all , I flushed the tank and block with about half a quart when the plugs we're out .... When filling I put 2 1/2 qts in the tank and half a qt in the block threw the plug in the top of the motor , It may be unorthadox , but my thinking is the block would be completely dry for like 5 seconds and why not add oil ?? Usually half a qt sits in there anyway .... Anyone see a problem with that ??
I have always done this exact thing on multiple sleds.

What's the difference in that ? Better seat ? I dunno what that is .. sorry
Yes, much better foam and seat cover, goes on the original seat pan.
Wrp on my 06. With chrome door moulding bling on the tank cover.
2018-05-08 07.36.50.jpg

Last edited:
Not the best shots of her, but a few snaps before I put the cover on and tucked her in ....all put back together and polished up it was in peices for about a month , I want to thank all you guys for your advice and help along the way ! I love summer , but can't wait to rip on it next season

Attachments

• Snapchat-1613803309.jpg
    Snapchat-1613803309.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Snapchat-1996248938.jpg
    Snapchat-1996248938.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 200

Back