• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil/Air separator for crankcase breather

Big-zig

Extreme
Approx. 4" in size, allows crankcase venting while allowing oil to gravity feed back into crankcase or resevoir. Aluminum construction. $50 plus shipping.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 87

Sorry Guys, Out of town all Thanksgiving weekend. I'll post pics tonight. Yes, it will work for non-turbos as well.

This is more for separation and mess control than increasing breathing, that said, it would enable unrestricted venting of the case. I will post pictures as soon as I can.

you should mount it so the return line comes out the bottom of the separator. You can run the return line back into the motor or into the oil res. The unit uses gravity to return the oil so you would want it mounted higher than the return destination.

The separator has a filter inside that catches splattering oil and that oil then collects at the bottom of can and gravity feeds back to motor. I don't think a larger return line will be necessary because not a large quantity of oil will collect at any one time. This unit is very light weight (only a few ounces).

If you mount that between the Steering posts you could drain in the valve cover. If you went to a larger ID on the return would it hurt it???

I can't see where it would hurt going larger if you needed to. I have used a barbed fitting into the top of the valve cover myself and ran 3/8'' hose.

Back