• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer bogs down in deep snow

Phazer500

Extreme
Hey guys I got a 2009 phazer and when I bust really big drifts it bogs down really bad. It sounds like it's being starved of air. I have a skid plate on if that means anything. Any suggestions?

check the seal for your airbox cover where the filter access is. sounds like your iced up and the seal gets pushed out and you will suck snow in, pull the cover up, put the seal back in place and get most of the snow out of the box and youre good to go.

He's talking about seal around air box opening. Even with all the holes plugged up, so your not getting tons of snow on engine, you will still have to clean out air box if your doing alot of powder riding, especially if you don't put your machine inside to thaw out after you ride. Good rule of thumb: If your machine is creating steam while riding, plan on cleaning out airbox and filter when the ride is over.

Like even on the first drift I hit it just went "bawwwww" and almost killed. And every drift after that. I discovered ice and snow in my airbox and a milky oil/water mixture coming from the breather tube. Any suggestions on what to do? I need to fix it by the 26th cause I'm going on a trip.

Skinz float plate!!!!!!!!!! Seriously it will cure your problems. And clean your air filter and air box after fluffy deep powder days.

The Phazer sucks air into the air-box from below, that area often gets plugged up with snow causing the engine idle low and bog, so... get some bullseye's (or something similar) and put them in the air-box cover... I have six in there and it helps.

I'm gonna take my skid plate off and possibly purchase the skins plate. More likely to buy either the UNI Pods, Frogskinz, or Bullseyes. Does anyone know which would most likely be the best to go with out of those three?

stay away from uni's, they have c-clips melted into botton to hold foam in and are known to fall out into air box and potentialy into engine? I have 4 bullseyes in mine and am very happy with them.

It's fixed!!!!! Those 2 tabs on the bottom of the airbox cover panel that need to be slid in weren't being slid in so it was letting snow into the airbox. And last year we didn't drain the crank oil too so when we filled it there was too much oil. So we drained enough out and now it runs like a beauty! I'm very happy. Thanks for all your help guys!

i have 6 UNI pods in mine and it helped. i havent had a problem with mine yet, but they do have some rust on them. easy fix is to drill holes in the side of them and put in zip ties.

Back