• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Build

He is correct. You never want a turbocharger oil drain line running "up hill". Down only. Flat is okay for a short run, but never up. Remember fluid pressure and volume are inversely proportional. So, even if you have high oil pressure feeding the turbo, the orifice on the oil feed side of the bearing is so small, and the orifice on the oil outlet side is so large, that you probably have just a few psi of oil pressure on the return line. You need the help of gravity here.

The reason you want gravity's help is when the turbo is hot and you turn the engine off... the oil coming out of the exhaust side can coke (yes the word is coke) if it is not alreadey coked, and will flow back into the bearing housing and sit on the bottom of that bearing. Then it cools and over time causes a residue build up. Bad news for bearing life.

phazerboost said:
I think you want to keep the hose as low as possible because there is no pump to pull oil from the turbo like other rear mount kits.

Well, I got the phazer back together and everytime I try to start it it runs for a couple of seconds and the quits with a code 30 which is low oil pressure. I also checked and I have no oil at the turbo yet, how many starts did it take you guys before she ran right after install? I have started it about 5 times??

It's about time for an update so here goes, I pulled an all nighter on sat. night and went riding on sunday and this thing is fuckin amazing! I rode a mcx turbo phazer that someone else had built and it was nothing compared to this. My engagement is @ 6900 and I don't bounce off the rev limiter unless I'm on a road or trail where it can spin. The turbo lag that I felt on the other tazer is non existent on this sled. I could go on all day but I'll just post some pics. :Rockon:

100_0948.jpg

100_0951.jpg

100_0952.jpg

100_0956.jpg

100_0957.jpg

100_0959.jpg

100_0960.jpg

I am currently running stock engine on 100LL with 9-9.5 lbs of boost :4STroke:

looks good man I like that exhaust. How did the mnt tamer suspension work out for you? I cant wait I get to ride mine in a week. And no shim equals no lag.

What did you do with the plastic cover that fits right in the front of the sled in front of the engine where the charge tube passes through into the bottom of the intercooler? I left mine off for now but a lot of snow is getting in there.

Back