• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Build

Now that fall is upon us and the snow is coming soon I thought I would update this thread for anyone who is at all interested. After the tuning troubles I had last winter and almost burning it down on my only good ride in the mountains, I thought it would be a good idea to s/c the beast for this winter. I picked up a used mpi s/c kit and plan on running the supercharger with the mcx intercooler and electronics. The mcx intercooler is much lighter than the mpi and i think it will flow better not to mention it has the additional injectors and allows me to tune via the mcx datalogger/display. I plan on running 14-15 lbs with the mcx headshim. Im planning on having the exhaust straight piped into the tunnel with no muffler. It will be a true dual exhaust about 12-14 in long with a o2 in cyl 1 and a pyro in cyl 2. Any and all feedback from the boost gurus will be welcome. cheers

I am curious to hear from any boondocker setups. I have been considering building my own kit and using a tuner box from boondocker. Does anyone know if they run additional injectors? I have been e-mailing them a little bit here and there but lately havent gotten much response, which I believe it is due to the early season this year. But if you know any info or have built your own kit, i am interested.

update

Little bit of an update here, I have the exhaust, tunnel and new boards finished up. Got my track trimmed the other weekend and got the track and skid installed tonight. I'm pretty pissed at timbersled because my skid has ~ 1000km on it and its pretty much shot. I grease it before and after every single ride and the shafts and bushings are pretty worn and every single shaft is bent. The upper rear arm and shaft are bent so badly that I couldn't remove the shaft. I figured I'll run it and hope it doesn't completely dissintegrate. I'm also unhappy with iceage because the adjustment is all the way off and the track is tighter than I want to run it. For 1000 bucks I really expected parts that won't require grinding. Oh well I guess I'll just have to break out the file #*$&@.

well, I was sort of thinking about a Timber sledinstead of new shocks for my stock skid.................

The timbersled skid is a good design just built way too light/cheap for me. If you don't ride all that hard and grease it lots it should be ok. I talked to Jake at Ice Age today and it looks like they will be going above and beyond to make this right. ;)!

My Timbersled Mountain Tamer has been great I have more miles and am real rough on my stuff no problems yet and weigh 285 lbs loaded. I have inspected thoroughly and no damage or defect found yet. What year did you buy your skid.

trying to get this thing finished up and found out the pin diagram i have is for a gen 2 mcx eca and I have a gen 3 eca. If anyone has a gen 3 eca pin diagram and could help me out that would be awesome.

I finally got it running tonight, still have lots of little things to do like hook up the exhaust temp and install the tether/rov and get the intake outside the side panel but it runs and makes noise, a lot of noise. Right now one of my problems is trying to get the mcx box drivers to work on my windows 7 laptop so I can tune it. It needs lotsa fuel on the bottom end. I realy like how the charge tube plumbing worked out, cleaner than either kit originally was imo. I can't believe the intercooler that mpi included with the sc, the mcx one works awesome. Anyways, here's some pics!
IMGP1427-1.jpg

IMGP1428.jpg

IMGP1427.jpg

:yam:

Got the drivers working and added .5ms across the board and turned the c0 to 110. Started it up and it iddled low with afr 10.5 - 11.0 when i blipped the throttle it revved up and afr went ~17. when I let off the throttle it idled down a bit but stayed high with afr ~15-16. Wanna say thanks to UP bushman for his steering pivot kit. My lower steering is tighter than it's ever been ;)!

Still trying to get the log downloader to work on my laptop but I've got it tuned a little better although rich everywhere. I took it out for a bit of "tuning" and had a caddy get away from me. :drink:

IMGP1430.jpg

IMGP1432.jpg

Back