• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer mountain skis

David White

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Phazer GT, 2007 Yamaha Phazer GT
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and am the proud owner of 2 Phazers, a2007 and a 2008 both are GTs,
Does anyone know if the mountain skis will mount right up to a Phazer GT? That is the Yamaha factory mountain skis, extra flotation would be nice as my cabin is snowmobile in only and breaking trail with a Phazer can be a little frustrating due to lack of flotation.
Any advise would be great!

One more question? Do the Yamaha tuner skis provide better flotation and handling over the stock older single runner skis with dual carbides?
Again thanks in advance for any input!

Yes the MTX skis from any Yamaha will mount to the Phazer spindles. You just need the right spacers and the longer bolt. If you buy them used try and get them from a Phazer or Nytro as the both have he right bolts and spacers.

Sorry, I don't have any experience with the tuner skis.

That sounds good and thanks! Would you know if the carbide runners off the stock skis would mount onto the mountain skis? I am running dooleys and would like to continue to use them

David, not sure about dually fitment. Wider skis in front will certainly help. You might consider stretching at least 1 to a 136. Night and day difference in deep snow and still very nimble on the trails. My cabin is 3/8 of a mile off the plowed road and I know exactly what you mean in getting the Phazer through deep snow. Before converting, I always broke trail with my longtrack. Now, Phazer goes wherever it wants to. Mine is an 08 rtx that we extended.

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and am the proud owner of 2 Phazers, a2007 and a 2008 both are GTs,
Does anyone know if the mountain skis will mount right up to a Phazer GT? That is the Yamaha factory mountain skis, extra flotation would be nice as my cabin is snowmobile in only and breaking trail with a Phazer can be a little frustrating due to lack of flotation.
Any advise would be great!

Welcome aboard David!!!
I'll x2 the above advice and i'm sure some of the pro's will chime in for ya!!

Thanks everyone! I am hoping to switch to mountain skis and most likely a 136 conversion, I currently have a 1 1/2" freeride on my sled and may move that to my wife's and put on a 136" freeride with their rail extension kit, also going to install a skinz floatplate to improve floatation a little in the front

Please let me know what you think on those dualy runners mounting to the mountain skis Vooda2000!
Thanks again!

One more question? Do the Yamaha tuner skis provide better flotation and handling over the stock older single runner skis with dual carbides?
Again thanks in advance for any input!

I'm running the turners and I did notice they were somewhat better than the stock. The biggest improvement was in the handling. I think the mountain ski with a longer track would be your best bet. I went to a 144 with 2" paddle with the tuner skis and it worked very well last year with the deep snow we had 3-4 feet of it. When my sled was stock if I got off the trail I was done.

I bought a sled last year with Sly Dog Powder hound skis (can't remember if they are 7 or 8 inch wide) and I've been really happy with them so far this year. They seem to float really well and work great on the groomed trail too. It also had a 1.5 freeride track on it as well that is night and day better than the stock. Just my two cents:letsnow:

Thanks everyone! I am hoping to switch to mountain skis and most likely a 136 conversion, I currently have a 1 1/2" freeride on my sled and may move that to my wife's and put on a 136" freeride with their rail extension kit, also going to install a skinz floatplate to improve floatation a little in the front
Here is a pic of the set-up you are referring to.
The wife absolutely loves it now!;)! 081.JPG

That's a really nice looking sled.
Thank you. I always get a kick every where we go, people walk by mine to gawk at her Phazer. I guess I should put more customization into the exterior of mine now. LOL

Back