• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pilot 6.9 ski's installed

steve are they new or used,and what size are they? I have been running 7.5 shapers on my 5.7,s siense 2013.

new...

the pilot r's I ran on my etec...yes kinda like a c&a ...but they are skinny and Im sure this sled would sink like a rock...

I tried many setups with shapers, I did not like them on outers as it increased the effort exponentially on FIRM days and increases darting. On soft days sure you need more depth for sure, but not many like to swap setups day to day.lol

I only will run the whimpy SQUARE stockers on outers which are tiny, I wont even run a 1/2" round out there, just me but I like the lightest effort.

I even ran them with NO outers, as they come stock without holes drilled out there, and for much of the time that works very well. But the ski outer will wear out very fast, so I always run the stock 4" Squares.

Again this is not an aggressive setup,and is not meant to be. So IMO if you want aggressive, you are better off with another ski rather then adding big carbides to outers of a pilot. Pilot is not designed to be aggressive, its designed to help effort and darting on extreme rider forward sleds, it was made to aid the new 03 rider forward designed models from doo. They were released in late 05 if I recall correctly(orig Pilot)

If you want more aggressive, you simply order up the Pilot R ski instead. Its a single keep "c&a look alike" that corners more aggressively. But that takes away all the things I like. Skis are a very subjective thing that can never be a "one size fits all" thing. However I do believe that overall, the pilot 6.9 is the best ski for the majority of handling issues the SW has in stock form.

Dan

Dan, I'm looking at the CB Performance web site...they have a couple Woody's Executive 8 inch center carbides for the pilots. Your picture shows the part number as WSD-9500. The ones on the site that I looked at for ski-doo say part number WSD-9255. What's the difference?? Is one for the 5.7's and one for the 6.9's?? Would both part numbers fit either ski?? Just don't want to order the wrong ones.

9255 is not for pilot skis

9255 is not for pilot skis

Thank you very much. On their site....it doesn't say which ones fit what ski's, so you don't know. It says for Ski Doo on both part numbers so it's very unclear. so the WSD-9500 are the ones for the pilots(5.7 or 6.9) then...correct??

You want wsd-9500 pilot runners have angled bolts 9255 are straight not what you want

You want wsd-9500 pilot runners have angled bolts 9255 are straight not what you want

Thanks so much krm!! I appreciate the reply's.

Ken is correct as usual. He sure knows his DOO items well!

Thx Ken!
Dan
Dan i've been at it for well over 40+ years Started with cats and yamahas .now doos and yamahas

Dan i've been at it for well over 40+ years Started with cats and yamahas .now doos and yamahas

Yeah we are all getting old arent we! haha

I always read all your posts, and I like that you got a 850 and SW, always great to hear the comparo's of these two "opposite" type animals.

Ya that's kinda what im afraid of... might sell the 6.9 I've set up and try the Mohawks....i know they ate better than the 6.9 just ugly lol

A big thank you to RockerDan. For a great write up for Pilot 6.9. Just finished installing new ones on my Viper. The only thing I️ did differently was that I️ use epoxy fill the void in ski and used Bergstrom shim. Before I️ installed the modified Viper rubber. I️’m using a set of new Bergstrom triple point bars left over from my doo days. I️ will see how they work. Thanks again for the help.

Fixit156

Attachments

• 23E2E18A-1A7A-4840-A04B-27699C41E92B.jpeg
    23E2E18A-1A7A-4840-A04B-27699C41E92B.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 410A9F42-493C-4800-9512-E6890AC86EEC.jpeg
    410A9F42-493C-4800-9512-E6890AC86EEC.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
In a pinch if you find you dislike the 6.9 cause they push too much, you could run them through a table saw and voila make them close to the 5.7. The profile would be off a little but if they were going in the trash, it may be worth a try. That's all I have folks.

Back