• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Please give me your thoughts!!!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
I have been approached on this and I am a little hesitant to take this farther. Please give me your thought on this!! Thanks

TY Race Program:

The Totallyamaha.com program will allow site members to purchase laps for $10 each to sponsor the Totallyamaha.com sled.

All contributing members receive a Totallyamaha.com sticker, additional 15% off on our on-line store, and be entered in the monthly prize drawing.

All members contributing over $50 will receive a TY T-shirt along with all the benefits mentioned above.

I will coordinate with you the purchase of decals and T-shirts so you will receive some money for helping us out.

We also would like to offer TY clothing, apparel, and decals in our booth at the trade shows we attend & help TY earn revenue from the sales of these products. If you wanted we could also add your products to our on-line store as well.

In return for your support, I will arrange to have our riders attend 2 TY group rides so TY members can enjoy a meet & greet with the riders they support. TY will be represented on all of our race equipment (cross country sleds, mx bikes, and watercross sled).

We are pitching to Yamaha to run as the official Yamaha race support team for the privateer racers on the USCC circuit. We would be the direct contact between the Yamaha race dept as well as providing parts and mechanical support at the races. We can also do a thread on the race page so racers can post any questions there and we can help them out.

We are also in the process of partnering with the MN MS Society and a portion of all funds raised through sponsorship and prize money will be donated to the MS Society at the '10 Sno Rally.

All funds collected, less fees and charges associated with online transactions, will be designated for TY sponsorship, MS Society, and associated expenses.

My goal will be to increase your advertising revenue, clothing sales, website hits, & membership.

I believe over at DooTalk they have something similar for a number of years now. Seems to be going well.

Race Program

I would not be able to support this. Yamaha (corporate and possibly the dealers) is the one that needs to put up the money (sponsorship, contingency, prize, etc...) to promote the products that they sell.

Who would this be?

This is a tough job to be competitive with technical skills, riding skills and most of all to be good with people to maintain support.

Yamadoo

sounds to me like site members can pay to take a lap on a TY race sled, hopefully, ridden by a pro in the actual race. I would be more than happy to donate to this cause just to help out with sponsorship on the race sled.
how many wouldn't like to take a rip on a course, on a sled built for racing? sounds like a cool idea!

Doesn't do anything for me Tom.

Sounds like it could be a bunch of grief for you with not a lot of reward for you and/or the site.

I think your inclination to tread softly is spot on.

:Rockon:

Dave

The donation for sponsorship is not for a lap on a race sled, but for TY members to gauge their involvement by sponsoring a lap ina particular race. By getting enough sponsors, they hope to fund the entire season.
You know the mods thought, Tom...

TY Supported race team

Attachments

• Todd 1.jpg
    Todd 1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Team MRI Nytrosm.jpg
    Team MRI Nytrosm.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Todd I-500.jpg
    Todd I-500.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 111
i think the best thing for the 4stroke side is to make the forum like the 2 stroke side way easier to navigate and searching for stuff seems to run smoother.

Re: Race Program

rxwarrior said:
I would not be able to support this. Yamaha (corporate and possibly the dealers) is the one that needs to put up the money (sponsorship, contingency, prize, etc...) to promote the products that they sell.

I understand your point but NO major race team survives from the manufacture they all have outside support. You luck if you get sleds(discounted) from the OEM anymore.

The RD we learn in racing does and will help the consumer. I know the things we have developed this year from the Phazer are helping guys on the forum everyday with issues.

Riceburner said:
Doesn't do anything for me Tom.

Sounds like it could be a bunch of grief for you with not a lot of reward for you and/or the site.

I think your inclination to tread softly is spot on.

:Rockon:

Dave

I tend to concur.

The site is mainly trail/boondock fun riders, not sure it applies that much overall, with a lot of possible hassle involved for you.

Maybe simply be a minor sponsor.

I wouldn't mind if you actually came to site and posted ways to make your sled take the abuse and handle well. Its seems they are always top secret which a competor could come to this site and see so I understand the secrecy. Usually from what I have seen you get the money and you guys ge the fun of racing them and we get very little back in terms of the mods you do to make the sleds really shine.

However if you are willing to put the keyboard time in every day offering help to those that bend thier sub frames, cant get thier sleds to steer, jump, etc with out stuff breaking then I would be in for 2 laps :)

Someone on here once said "the biggest pay back for me is for you to help someone else on this site out" This was for something I really should have compensated him monitarily the service/help with my sled and he wouldn't hear of it. That is what I would expect of you.

Back