• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

POLL: What Skis are you running?

What Skis are you running on your Sidewinder?

• Stock- Tuner III Skis with stock carbides

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Tuner III Skis with more aggressive carbides

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Arctic Cat Skis

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • C&A Skis

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Curve Skis

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Slydog Skis

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Ski-doo Pilot Skis

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Other Aftermarket Brand

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • PART 2: I changed skis before trying other carbides on the Tuner III.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • PART 2: I changed skis after trying different carbides on the Tuner III.

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
Maybe I should call the C&A garbage and crap skis because it's just my opinion and I'm not your Daddy and if you want to run that junk then go ahead and run them.

How dare you call skis I like garbage lmao. Send me your address. I will mail you some coloring books and a location to the closest safe space. Sensitive like a millennial. I remember when Bruce was Bruce not Caitlin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have said it before C & A RZ turn like a car w/no power steering and dart like %##$^%. They turn yes BUT the curves turn just as well. Don't have as heavy steering, Don't dart hardly at all and Grab in soft snow faster then the C&A. C&A's have a split second of push then grab. Curves do not. Speaking from testing on 2 cat turbo's with 9" shapers. The one with curve had 204 1.45 studs. The one with the c&a 153 1.45 studs. I have a set of 5.7 pilots sitting in the shed that I used on my apex. On the apex they had very easy steering, but also were not that great in soft non mealy snow. I had to crank them to bite well and when doing so they would always spray snow right at my face. Also pilots can get sticks/rocks stuck in the u channel on the bottom. Don't ask me how I know... Just my opinion but from the looks of that poll up there^^ it looks like allot have bought the curves. How many doo's do you see in the trees because they didn't make a turn lol? But remember doo's handle amazing :rolleyes:

S
I have said it before C & A RZ turn like a car w/no power steering and dart like %##$^%. They turn yes BUT the curves turn just as well. Don't have as heavy steering, Don't dart hardly at all and Grab in soft snow faster then the C&A. C&A's have a split second of push then grab. Curves do not. Speaking from testing on 2 cat turbo's with 9" shapers. The one with curve had 204 1.45 studs. The one with the c&a 153 1.45 studs. I have a set of 5.7 pilots sitting in the shed that I used on my apex. On the apex they had very easy steering, but also were not that great in soft non mealy snow. I had to crank them to bite well and when doing so they would always spray snow right at my face. Also pilots can get sticks/rocks stuck in the u channel on the bottom. Don't ask me how I know... Just my opinion but from the looks of that poll up there^^ it looks like allot have bought the curves. How many doo's do you see in the trees because they didn't make a turn lol? But remember doo's handle amazing :rolleyes:
So what carbide for the curves for aggressive trail riding then? 6?-8? Or shaper? Thx j

I have 8" bergstroms on my curves 144 1.325 studs and had a good test with them last Saturday on very hard set trails with about 1" of icy loose snow on top many glare iced washed out corners and had no problems getting around in Old Forge (I heard there were 2 bad accidents in that area the same day and was not surprised with the hard icy conditions). I put 6" on my dad's but I didn't take the time to switch off and try his winder to see if I could tell any difference. So 6" might be enough but I can't say for sure. With the 8" though I had no issues with it being too much to cross a road or anything if that helps. My friend with the 9" shapers has ran those for years on the cat w/out issue. I really never saw any difference in turning effort with the shapers vs the bergstroms. Now I have heard from many here that the slim jims take away the very minor bit of darting that you may sometimes have with the curves and lighten the steering effort. I think most of those guys are running 6" if I remember correct? I almost went that route but I wanted to try the bergstroms with the ski savers as that is what I always used in the past. Time will tell how well they work once worn a bit. This is the first sled I have ever studded so until now I always had to go a little slower in the turns because the turns here in NY tend to always be washed out and an ice slick.

Back