• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Portable Jump starter for 4-Strokes

Mills

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'14 Viper RTX, '06 Apex, '99 SX 600, '74 TL433F, '79 Trail Fire
What brand/ model jump starter do you guys carry for your 4-stroke sleds? This one is rated in the top 3 in all the different rankings I have seen and is a good price.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191204-155800_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191204-155800_Chrome.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 616

I use Roy Pow and is very powerful, it holds a charge for a year, can boost a sled many times if needed on one charge, comes with a hard case and all your boosting and charging accessories, very happy with it, bought one of those cheaper ones did not last a year, make sure if you buy one it is water proof or it won't last.

X2 of what MrSled said. I've started everything from sled to my Escalade with it.

For me I have only used the Noco products and they have worked great,

The GB40 has saved me a few times in Northern Ontario n Northern Quebec when temps were in a deep freeze and my 2011 apex had trouble starting.
I also have the bigger version, GB70 which I keep on my boat/ cottage use.

I ended up getting the Noco wall charger to keep it fully charged at night while on sled trips ..

I have used a Rav Power 8000 mAh jump start to boost a 600 etec , an 800 etec, and a 500 4 stoke Cam Am quad multiple times one day when it was very cold. Never had to use it on a 4 stroke sled yet.

I just replaced it with a Noco GB40.

What brand/ model jump starter do you guys carry for your 4-stroke sleds? This one is rated in the top 3 in all the different rankings I have seen and is a good price.
That's the one I have.actually 2 of them cause was out shopping one day and truck would not start and jumper was in my sled 50 miles away so bought another.

I picked one up from Costco, keep in the truck. Also have a pair of jumper cables I keep in the nose of the sled along with some TP, waterproof matches, snowbunge, tow rope and other misc. things.

NOCO GB40 for the win. I use it all the time at my shop. It's capable of a dozen or more full size vehicle boosts before recharge. USB charging and the lights on it are handy also.

the one i used to carry was similar to the one mrsled carry's but the battery in it messed up and broke the case. luckily i found it before it exploded.

I will be purchasing the Noco GB40 after reading many reviews and receiving the input from this thread.

I have a Bolt Power D28U. I would recommend the Noco Genius booster because you can charge it with the kind of chargers you are already carrying for your phone. Mine I cannot. I have boosted 3 different stranger's cars who had no idea these things existed. Their looks are always priceless.

Back